RCI question...

sweet maxine

DIS Veteran
This question is kind of off the wall, but I would like to find out anyway.

Is it possible to rent an owner's points or whatever for a resort through RCI? I know with getravelop you can get the ressie and then for a fee, sign it over to someone else. So I'm wondering if RCI owners can do the same thing. Would this be about the same thing as renting points from a DVC owner in essence, except for a property off site?

you can definitely rent from an owner in Orlando.

but except to pay - Orlando has high maintence fees.

believe it or not generally

www.skyauction.com is a better deal than maintence fees.

however if you want to compare try

www.tug2.net - you wan the ads and the last minute rental

www.redweek.com - you need to join - I think the fee is either $10 or $20

www.condodirect.com is II open to the public site. they prices are higher than II getaways and they don't have some of the better places listed - like the Marriotts. although the marriotts are still listed in the getaways.

do you know someone who is a member of II (Interval International) or RCI?

they can get you a last call with RCI (very nice deal) or bonus vacations (not so nice).

or with II there getaways - at 60 days before your arrival a nice deal. sometimes a very nice deal!!!
there are several marriott in Sept for $649 for a 2-bedroom, $449 for a 1-bedroom, and $249 for a studio.
for RCI there last call - $99 for a studio, $149 for a 1-bedroom and $199 for a 2-bedroom. these are not by any means mostly Orlando resorts.

If someone has done an exchange with RCI they are not allowed to rent out that week to anyone else. They can do a guest cert. for a supposed friend but not charge anything above the exchange fee and guest cert fee...

yes, RCI has taken away some members rights after finding them trying to rent their exchanges.

I though you could also include your resort's fee that you had to pay to get this exchange.

the last call and extra vacations make it easy for someone else - they (like the getaways on II) have a guest certificate right there.

I have done that with both system. here at work - I have let someone use their credit card and charge the room, then do the guest certificate.

since I was not charging them extra - RCI did not have a problem with this.

Thanks! That's what I'm wondering about. I do know someone who's a member of RCI, and I was wondering how that worked. I am trying to find a 2 BR in Oct., and the availability on getravelop is not there for what I'm looking for.

SweetMaxine, right now, I see availability on RCI of 2BRs for every week in October. These resorts each have at least one check-in date available for a 2BR or larger on exchange:

Sheraton Vistana Resort
Orlando International Resort Club
Orange Lake Country Club
Westgate Vacation Villas
Bryan's Spanish Cove
Orlando's Sunshine Resort
Silver Lake Resort
Cypress Pointe Resort
Summer Bay Resort
Embassy Vacation Resort at Grand Beach
Cypress Pointe Grandvillas Resort
Oak Plantation A SunVest Resort
Oasis Lakes at the Fountains
Sunterra Resorts Polynesian Isle
Orbit One Vacation Villas
Celebration World Resort
Orlando's Sunshine Resort II
Villas at Summer Bay Resort
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on Int'l Drive
Silver Lake Resort-Silver Points
The Fountains

RCI Extra Vacations (rentals for RCI members) has these 2BRs in October listed right now for just $299/week rental:

Sheraton Vistana Resort
Westgate Vacation Villas
Bryan's Spanish Cover
Silver Lake
Orlando's Sunshine Resort
Summer Bay Resort
Cypress Pointe Grandvillas Resort
Sunterra Resorts Polynesian Isle
Orbit One Vacation Villas

Again, every weekend has some check-ins. Given the length of this list, I'd suggest you look on SkyAuction, since they may have some of these there. The price is nice! :)

Just saw that CondoDirect.com has some II resort 2BRs available for rental to the general public in October. You don't need to be a member of II to access these rental weeks. Here are some of the better ones:

Star Island Resort and Club • STR
2 bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Full kitchen
Check In: Sat, Oct. 08, 2005
Check In: Sun, Oct. 30, 2005
$459.00 per week
3 bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Full kitchen
Check In: Fri, Sep. 30, 2005
$509.00 per week

Liki Tiki Village • TL2
Check In: Sat, Oct. 01, 2005
$459.00 per week

Blue Tree Resort at Lake Buena Vista • BLT
Check In: Sun, Oct. 09, 2005
Check In: Sat, Oct. 15, 2005
Check In: Sun, Oct. 16, 2005
Check In: Sat, Oct. 22, 2005
Check In: Sun, Oct. 23, 2005
$459.00 per week

Club Sevilla • CSV
2 bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Full kitchen
Check In: Sat, Oct. 22, 2005
Check In: Sat, Oct. 29, 2005
$529.00 per week

Other resorts/dates are higher priced by a couple hundred dollars -or- I don't really care for the reviews I've reads. If you don't mind paying $800+, there are some very nice resorts there (Sheraton, etc.), even a 3BR sleeps 12 at Wyndham Palms on the 22nd for $859. Just a little more food for thought. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter