RCI “extra” vacations

Mrs~Incredible

Mouseketeer
Hi friends, anyone here have experience with this? We were waiting for RCI to release extra vacations beyond September for a particular resort- they finally did last week, but then after only a week they disappeared again and they are showing nothing past Sept. There were a lot available so I’m pretty certain they didn’t all get booked. I spoke with an RCI rep who couldn’t offer any advice besides to keep checking.

Anyone else encounter this and what did you do?

Getting super anxious to book, but really hoping to do it as an RCI extra week (if it becomes available again)

Thanks!!!

Extra vacations are usually unused deposits or sometimes VOIs unused by the resorts, so they don't go too far out into the future. RCI would hold onto the deposits for exchange before selling them off. Not surprised that September is not available just yet. They always for complaints from members if things were sent to EV too quickly because they weren't available for exchange.

They do have more than the one channel for getting rid of excess inventory, so it is possible that some inventory was sold off through another channel.

These aren't available on any set schedule that I have ever seen, so the RCI representative was right; you just need to be persistent.

I see RCI Extra Vacations available online through December 2022. What resort are you seeking?

I see RCI Extra Vacations available online through December 2022. What resort are you seeking?
Thanks for looking- we want the Sheraton Vistana Resort. They released extra vacations for SVR Oct-Dec 2022 last week, but then since Saturday everything past September is no longer showing :(

I spoke with RCI twice and they can’t help with any info.

There were like 30-40 units available Oct-Dec on Friday, then on Saturday they went poof.

I really really really want to book this, thinking I may hold out until The Weeknd and if it’s not back we will try somewhere else. My DD will be really disappointed though- she loves the Vistana.

The latest dates I can see are:

Resort ID 0450 Sheraton Vistana Resort
Fri 30-Sep-2022 to Fri 07-Oct-2022
2 Bedrooms
709.99USD
8 Occupancy / 6 Privacy
Full kitchen

Resort ID V450 Sheraton Vistana Resort-Fountains Villas
Sun 18-Sep-2022 to Sun 25-Sep-2022
2 Bedrooms
699.99USD
8 Occupancy / 6 Privacy
Full kitchen

No clue as to why there's nothing posted for later in the year. There certainly is for other properties.

The latest dates I can see are:

Resort ID 0450 Sheraton Vistana Resort
Fri 30-Sep-2022 to Fri 07-Oct-2022
2 Bedrooms
709.99USD
8 Occupancy / 6 Privacy
Full kitchen

Resort ID V450 Sheraton Vistana Resort-Fountains Villas
Sun 18-Sep-2022 to Sun 25-Sep-2022
2 Bedrooms
699.99USD
8 Occupancy / 6 Privacy
Full kitchen

No clue as to why there's nothing posted for later in the year. There certainly is for other properties.
Yup, thanks Lisa! I am seeing the same. It’s the weirdest thing- they only showed until Sept until 2 weekends ago, and then it was opened up with units through Dec, and now it’s back to being only to Sept again. I will keep checking and report back here either way in case that helps someone in a similar situation.

Fingers crossed 🤞 they open back up again in a few days!

Hi friends, anyone here have experience with this? We were waiting for RCI to release extra vacations beyond September for a particular resort- they finally did last week, but then after only a week they disappeared again and they are showing nothing past Sept. There were a lot available so I’m pretty certain they didn’t all get booked. I spoke with an RCI rep who couldn’t offer any advice besides to keep checking.

Anyone else encounter this and what did you do?

Getting super anxious to book, but really hoping to do it as an RCI extra week (if it becomes available again)

Thanks!!!
Rci does a lot of weird things with their inventory. They have days where like 40% of their inventory across the board just goes away and then trickles back in over the next day or two. Some resorts dump a lot of inventory all at once. Sometimes there’s a dump for an entire region. Seems to be a combination of manipulation and glitches. Bottom line is if you see what you want then grab it asap.

Rci does a lot of weird things with their inventory. They have days where like 40% of their inventory across the board just goes away and then trickles back in over the next day or two. Some resorts dump a lot of inventory all at once. Sometimes there’s a dump for an entire region. Seems to be a combination of manipulation and glitches. Bottom line is if you see what you want then grab it asap.
Thanks for the info. Nothing past Sept has popped back up- will maybe give it 1-2 more weeks and then I’ll give up. Will report back in case this helps someone else!

Reporting back- RCI “re-released” the extra vacations through December- so we scooped up what we wanted!

So to recap-
They had Aug-Sept avail until June 11, then they had openings through Dec.

Oct-Dec went away again in June 19, much to my stress level lol.

They just came back again today on June 24 (through Dec).

Hope this info helps someone in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter