Rate your childhood

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
1-10, 1 being it sucked, 10 being what everyone should have

mine was great, my parents were incredible. every child in the neighborhood, wanted my dad as thier own. , My moms wasnt out going as my dad but every bit as impressive. Financially we were slightly upper middle.
I will give it an 8.5, the only reason its not higher was cause I got in my own way to many times

10+
I couldn’t have asked for a better childhood. Loved everything about it.
I was blessed with an amazing family. :)

Thats cause your Dad is from the good ole US of a A :p , Im teasing what few times I get to hear about the influence your older sister on you, I get this mental pic in my mind, sounds great

Thats cause your Dad is from the good ole US of a A :p , Im teasing what few times I get to hear about the influence your older sister on you, I get this mental pic in my mind, sounds great
My sisters are the best. They corrupted me at a young age. :rotfl:

8. I took off two points because my parents bickered a lot, but they loved us and would do anything for us. And I have a true best friend in my sister. We had little to no money, but somehow we all made it work out, and we were close because of the struggle it was sometimes.

I'd say 7.5 - 8.0.
MIne too!

Nah, the more I think I'd have to say about 7-7.5. There were some terrible moments. But, overall, I was well taken care of and loved.

Will add: a couple terrible things happened in my childhood that were through no fault of my parents but still made my childhood less than perfect. Also, my dad was a serial cheater and my mom was a yeller who would say mean things to us. I was a latch key kid. So all of those things weren't pleasant. But we were middle class, had nice things, went on vacations, had 2 parents in the home, had extended family who all lived nearby, played sports and did activities, went to a decent school, weren't hit...etc.

Last edited:
I would give it an 8.5. My parents really focused on “family.” We are all very tight to this day. I would say the only draw back was my dad struggled a little relating to a girl with four boys. He treated me like the one of the guys and wasn't sure what to do with “all the emotions!” Lol!

Same as others have said 7-8. My parents had some rough spots, and at the time my Dad didn't understand what my Mom's "working too much" meant in terms of MY job role within the family. They even tried to take me to counseling because they thought I was being dramatic about age appropriate chores & responsibilities and compensation. Within a month of me moving to college, my Dad called and apologized. Which was mind-blowing on several levels. But living through it wasn't the best. But we had a nice house, food on the table, took vacations, did stuff together as a family (puzzles, playing games, etc) and I got most of what I put on my Christmas list.

This is hard since my childhood was good and bad. My father was old and in poor health, but he loved me dearly. Even so, I was forced to go to some silly matchmaking meeting, even though I clearly had a huge independent streak and didn’t want to be a traditional wife, Then there was the whole army conscription deal leading to me disguising myself and going to war. That worked out, though, since I was able to save my country and find love along the way.

Oh, and I almost forgot. Some sort of entertainment company later made me a princess. :rotfl2:

10!

All our friends used to tease us that we lived a Brady Bunch life (but without the blended family and there were only 4 of us kids). And it’s true; we had a pretty idyllic childhood. DH and I have tried really hard to give our kids that same kind of childhood.

Last edited:
10 out of 10. Of course, I didn’t appreciate it at the time. Today on the Christian calendar is All Souls Day. I remembered and prayed for my parents in a special way. The Commemoration of All the Faithful Departed is the official name for November 2.
I had a wonderful childhood. I am blessed to have had my parents until my 40s (Dad) and 50s (Mom).

Looking back, I had it pretty good. 10.

All our friends used to tease us that we lived a Brady bunch life (but without the blended family and there were only of us 4 kids).

Funny you say that, I’ve heard the Brady comparison to my family as well. I am one of six siblings (not blended). We had wonderful parents (sadly, now both gone) and were/are a close family.

I think mine was a fairly typical suburban middle-class upbringing of the time. It was a simpler life then; we had less supervised activities and much more freedom than most kids today. Lots of happy memories. :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter