Ratatouille Ride Coming to Epcot?

scrappinginontario

Numerous sources are reporting that Disney has filed for a permit to possibly add a Ratatouille Ride to the France pavillion. That would be great!! Sure hope this comes to be!

The ratatouille ride at Disneyland Paris is a great experience and lots of fun. The whole area looks great and would fit the theming in the France pavilion really well. Great news! As long as it doesn't replace anything that's already there.

The ratatouille ride at Disneyland Paris is a great experience and lots of fun. The whole area looks great and would fit the theming in the France pavilion really well. Great news! As long as it doesn't replace anything that's already there.

I am sure it will at least replace the movie.

Yay!! It appears it will be in addition to what is already there!

I don't believe from the drawings that the movie will be replaced. I like the movie!

Update: I just checked the drawings again and it appears to be going in behind Impressions dr France so the movie isn't going anywhere. Check out WDW News Today for more info or, Steve Porter's post listed on the sidebar of the forums home page.

I don't believe from the drawings that the movie will be replaced. I like the movie!

Update: I just checked the drawings again and it appears to be going in behind Impressions dr France so the movie isn't going anywhere. Check out WDW News Today for more info or, Steve Porter's post listed on the sidebar of the forums home page.

I just went and found the drawing....Interesting, and surprising. To be honest, until the ride is done, and the movie is still there, I won't get my hopes up about it staying.

Disney clearly has little interest in adding new countries to World Showcase, so I've been saying for years they should at least add a few rides to the existing countries in the many empty country pads they still have. Ratatouille was one of my suggestions to go into the empty country pad between France and Morocco. I mean they don't have to design a brand new ride, it uses a ride system not found elsewhere at WDW, and it matches a pavilion already in Epcot with an empty pad next to it. Seemed like a no-brainer to me. Nice to see they finally may have wised up.

Disney pretty much wasted the empty country pad between Mexico and Norway by just building a character meet. It will be nice to see them not waste another such spot. Hopefully we'll see a few more additions over the next decade or so. There are still plenty of expansion spots left.

About a month ago I heard a rumor advising people to go see the movie as it might not be there that much longer.The picture showing the backstage area where the ride will go shows the ride going behind the movie and more land towards the Morocco side,I'm hoping that's accurate and the movie stays as I really enjoy the movie,I like the music,its got seats and its a cool place to go when its hot,that and I love the outfits in the wedding sequence in the movie.

About a month ago I heard a rumor advising people to go see the movie as it might not be there that much longer.The picture showing the backstage area where the ride will go shows the ride going behind the movie and more land towards the Morocco side,I'm hoping that's accurate and the movie stays as I really enjoy the movie,I like the music,its got seats and its a cool place to go when its hot,that and I love the outfits in the wedding sequence in the movie.

I adore the France movie too! Yes, it could use an update--maybe--I love the music and scenery so much as it is.

But a Remy ride would be wonderful as well. Something that kids could really enjoy.

Disney clearly has little interest in adding new countries to World Showcase, so I've been saying for years they should at least add a few rides to the existing countries in the many empty country pads they still have. Ratatouille was one of my suggestions to go into the empty country pad between France and Morocco. I mean they don't have to design a brand new ride, it uses a ride system not found elsewhere at WDW, and it matches a pavilion already in Epcot with an empty pad next to it. Seemed like a no-brainer to me. Nice to see they finally may have wised up.

Disney pretty much wasted the empty country pad between Mexico and Norway by just building a character meet. It will be nice to see them not waste another such spot. Hopefully we'll see a few more additions over the next decade or so. There are still plenty of expansion spots left.
We should be seeing a new country added as well (Brazil). It does use a system that currently isn't found at WDW but soon the trackless system will be in three places at WDW. Star Wars, GMR, and Rat.

The movie will stay.

I can't wait for this ride to open. I think Epcot is in need of some updating. I do love the countries, but I've always wished they had some sort of ride associated with them. Hope this rumor turns out true

We should be seeing a new country added as well (Brazil). It does use a system that currently isn't found at WDW but soon the trackless system will be in three places at WDW. Star Wars, GMR, and Rat.

You think we're getting Brazil? That's awesome! How close do you think they are to confirming this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter