Rank Orlando's parks!

Robinrs

DIS Veteran
This got started on imgoingtodisney's thread so I thought I give it it's own thread....

From 1 being the best and down how do you rank the parks you've been to in Orlando (you can add Tampa if you want!) :D

Here's mine:

1: Islands of Adventure :bounce:

2: Magic Kingdom :bounce:

3: MGM (tie) :bounce: :bounce:
Universal

4: EPCOT
read.gif

5: If I could put this one OFF the page
Animal Kingdom.... UGH
rolleyea.gif

1 . busch gardens for the best all round

2 . IOA

3. Universal

4 . MGM

5 . Magic Kinngdom

Here is my list:

1. IOA

2.Epcot

3.Universal

4.MK

5.SW

6.MGM

I havent been to AK yet. Dont really have a desire to either but eventually I will check it out.

I would flip flop 3 with 4 only at Christmas.

An off topic question...I havent been to Busch Gardens in Tampa but have been to the one in Virginia, anyone who has been to both...is one better? We really enjoyed the one in Virginia but no where near as much as the other parks.

1. BGT
2. IOA
3. SWF
4. USF
5. MGM
6. MK
7. EPCOT
8. AK

1. Busch Gardens
2. IOA
3. Magic Kingdom
4. Universal Studios
5. Sea World
6. MGM
7. Epcot
8. Animal Kingdom

Wow...tough one!!!

1. Magic Kingdom (it's my first true love, but it lacks the thrill of the VERY close 2nd...)

2. IOA - This park won me the minute I entered back in May of 99....incredible attention to detail...and theming that can't be beat!!!

3. eek...I think EPCOT is a beautiful park...it has a little something for everyone - tho it lacks "ride" power

4. Sea World - It's such a great park...beautiful landscaping, and free beer! :D More beautiful than EPCOT, but not enough stuff going on to keep me coming back as often.

5. Universal Studios Florida - I love the different areas of the park...Amity is a particular favorite of mine.

6. MGM - runs close to USF for me...very close....Tower of Terror is one of my faves...it's just a little too sleepy for it to beat out USF for me tho...

7. Animal Kingdom...I think something went awry when they planned the narrow walkways there, and it's so darn HOT much of the time there!!!

I will say THIS, with Animal kingdom ranking 7th here for me, I have to comment that I LOVE Animal Kingdom, so it only gets that distinction because I was forced to choose! I love roaming around there...I love the band that plays outside of Tusker House...but, of all of them, I guess it has to be last. :(

I guess I love them all, in their own way!!!
Great topic!!!
Karen

Robinrs,

My list is similar to yours

1: Islands of Adventure
2: Magic Kingdom
3. EPCOT
4: MGM & Universal (tie...would be USF, but I love RnR Coaster!)
5. SeaWorld
6. BGT
7. OldTown
8. FleaWorld
9. The playground by our house.
10. Animal Kingdom.

<center>
lach.gif
</center>

My entire department ran into my office after I read Johare's list!!! My sentiments almost exactly!!!

Busch Gardens is getting LOTS of votes. I know I have to check them out this January!

1: IOA
2: BGT
3: EPCOT
4: USF
5: MK
6: SEAWORLD
7: MGM
8: SPLENDID CHINA
9: AK

:D

So far Fleaworld, OldTown, Johare's backyard, Splendid China and every other park in and out of Orlando have all beat AK... what a shame :rolleyes: ...

Damn...forgot Splendid China and the Holy Land. That knocks Animal Kingdom to 12 on my list.

How is Splendid China? I always wanted to check it out but thus far haven't, maybe this March. Are there any attractions or is it more of a EPCOT Pavilion?

So what's your beef against AK? Personally, I think the park is too spread out and doesn't have enough stuff. I usually hit Kali and Dinosaur and then I leave.

If I had to rank the parks...

1.) IOA
2.) USF
3.) Sea World
4.) Disney-MGM
5.) Busch Gardens
6.) Magic Kingdom
7.) Epcot
8.) Titanic: The Exhibition
9.) Old Town
10.) AK

So what's your beef against AK? Personally, I think the park is too spread out and doesn't have enough stuff.
It should be called the Lake Buena Vista Zoo and the admission should be more like $5 instead of $50.

I forgot to do what the thread asked...duh me.

1)IOA
2)MK
3)USF
4)MGM
5)BGT
6)SWO
7)EPCOT
8)Blizzard Beach
9)AK

I wasn't that impressed with AK this past December, Kali RR IMO too short and confusing. Maybe its me but I don't get how buring trees amd Asian architecture mix. I know that back story but huh? Can someone fill me in? I disliked DINOLAND USA and Dinosaur was okay but nothing what I was expecting. I loved ITTBAB and Kilamanjaro(sp) Safari and the themeing throughout most of the park. After that and checking out a few exhibits we headed for the MK. Out of a 6 day stay only 4 hours was for AK. Theres definitely something wrong with that park/zoo if it can't capture my attention for more than a few hours.

1.-MGM
2.-Magic Kingdom
3.-Universal Studios
4.-IOA
5.-Epoct
6.-Animal Kingdom.
I cant really rate Busch Gardens Tampa or Sea World as i havent been to those parks.

So what's your beef against AK? Personally, I think the park is too spread out and doesn't have enough stuff.

I spent a year one day at AK. It was the first time I found out that I would NOT be able to exist in my Motherland. :rolleyes: It was a huge zoo. But I think my biggest beef was Dinosaur. It had a wait time posted of 35 minutes. I didn't sit in the ride till one hours and 20 minutes later. I had a RELATIONSHIP with the people on the line by then. By the time I got on I wanted it to blow my mind. All it did was rattle my brains.

I guess it was beautiful but it was waaay too spread out. I am not a visual person so the sights did nothing for me.

Finding the rides is like finding a needle in a haystack. It was September and the heat was following us. I was NEVER so disappointed in a park and yes, it should have been $5 since it ate up one day off my hopper!

Frankly, Chuck E. Cheese on Intl Drive ranks higher! We had a ball there one rainy afternoon! :D

1. IOA
2. MGM
3. MK
4. Seaworld
5. Animal Kingdom
6. Epcot

I haven't been to Universal yet, but would expect it to come in after Seaworld. As for Animal Kingdom, I hated it the first time I went, but actually enjoyed it during my trip last year.

I know many disagree with my assessment, but clearly I don't get or appreciate Epcot. If Animal Kingdom is the BV Zoo, to me Epcot is a bipolar half marginally upscale foodcourt and half geek refuge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter