Randys Mobility - Wheelchair Rental ?

luvmarypoppins

<font color=darkorchid>I am debating whether to pu
Can someone verify this for me.

I have used them in the past (Dec. 2011 last time)

I reserved online and just got an e mail back that says they will not deliver until we call them up that we have arrived?

They said their delivery hours are until 4:30 pm and our flight arrives at 3:45 pm.

I was really counting on the wheelchair being there when we arrived at the hotel as usual.

Now I see this possibly new policy?? I guess I could call them tomm. I am sure they are closed now.

Seems like something else I need to worry about when I thought it would all go smooth as usual and taken care of etc.

Any info is appreciated.

You are the first to write about it, so hopefully someone knows more.

I guess I would email back and ask for clarification

It's my understanding (I haven't rented from them) that Randy's requires their representitive to be there when the renter gets the scooter so that their rep can make sure the renter knows how to use it. My guess is that if they used to have a policy of trying to get there for when the renter arrives or slightly before, that they may have found that in the world of flight delays, etc. this just wasn't feasible as their reps spent too much time waiting for people to show up. When they say to call "when you arrive" they may mean "when you arrive at the airport", however.

I agree with Sue that it's worth the phone call for clarification.

Well I called Randys. It was hard to hear since the guy that answered was on the road travelling.

He said that the statement generally is applied to those needing instruction on scooter use.

He said to just call them after we get to the airport to make sure the wheelchair is at the resort. He asked me which resort.

Honestly I cant even remember if the reservation form had a place to put where you are staying.

So I also sent an e mail stating the resort etc.

I only pick this company because they do not require a deposit etc. if the chair is stolen etc.

Hope it all works out.

Randy's is great. Did you talk to Adam (I think that's his name)? Very reliable. Last time I rented a scooter, it was from them. He was on time for both drop-off and pick-up.

I have used many. Randys great for a first time EVC rental. Apple was great for cost and equipment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter