Randy Chapman Photography review

princesslni

Earning My Ears
Hello Everyone! My husband and I were married March 22, 2012 at the WP and reception at GF. I know how stressful it can be finding outside vendors for your Disney wedding so I decided to post my review for our photography and videography. We used Randy Chapman for our photography and Stan Severance as our videographer. Randy and Stan are so down to earth and really captured the mood of our entire day. It was such an exciting day and it goes by so fast. The best decision I made was to budget for both a photographer AND a videographer. I was on the fence about video and I knew that Disney's prices were just out of the budget for us. I had my doubts about Randy and Stan because the prices were so significantly cheaper than any other photographers and especially Disney's. However, after our engagement photo session with Randy we were thrilled with the results. The wedding pictures and video were no different. They were excellent! Both of these gentleman are true professionals and are easy to get in touch with. We got our pictures soon after the wedding and I just received our enhanced versions. You cannot beat the quality and the price is EXTREMELY reasonable. I used a few other outside vendors and was extremely pleased with everyone. Enjoy your wedding day because it goes by so fast, and take my advice and use Randy and Stan. They are both great! Here are a few links to some of my favorite pictures.
https://www.box.com/s/ba4253bda0b0e19cb2eb/1/361636857/2927026579/1
https://www.box.com/s/ba4253bda0b0e19cb2eb/1/361636857/2927029131/1
https://www.box.com/s/ba4253bda0b0e19cb2eb/1/361636857/2927032679/1
https://www.box.com/s/ba4253bda0b0e19cb2eb/1/361636857/2927035565/1
https://www.box.com/s/ba4253bda0b0e19cb2eb/2/361636857/2927038931/1
https://www.box.com/s/ba4253bda0b0e19cb2eb/2/361636857/2927042271/1
https://www.box.com/s/ba4253bda0b0e19cb2eb/2/361636857/2927044657/1
https://www.box.com/s/ba4253bda0b0e19cb2eb/2/361636857/2927049709/1

Your photos looked great! We used Randy Chapman as well, and had only positive things to say about him. I love how he was budget friendly, but his work was so amazing!

Arrrr, sweetie, I have said it before and I will say it again, Randy Chapman (IMHO) is a genius and a gentleman!!! We loved every moment of working with him and will be using him for a shoot to celebrate my and two friends' 50th birthday in June.
I didn't have our day recorded by Stan and it is a big regret. I had a promise from two guests to video it, and neither came through!!!!

This is great to know :) we have got Randy and Stan booked for our Halloween wedding and they are already going above and beyond and are VERY reasonably priced!
We are really looking forward to meeting them :)

Your photos are gorgeous x

My entire family LOVES Randy Chapman!!!!! He is so talented. We had him at our DFTW in June of last year, and we are so glad that we decided to go with him. Our pictures are absolutely amazing.

We are going back to Disney in a few years to celebrate my DH's and BIL's 50th birthdays, and we want to do a resort shoot with him.

Hi Guys!

I wasn't sure where to post this so I thought I'd try here...

Did any of you have trouble getting Randy to send in the photo waiver form? I sent it to him almost 3 months ago but my planner's assistant said she never got it. I both emailed and called Randy but I haven't gotten a response.

I hate to just blame it on Randy because this wouldn't be the first time my planner's assistant didn't get something I sent to 'uncover' it later. I just want to get the whole thing squared away and was wondering if anyone else had this issue or any tips!

Thanks!

9-4 Follow up - after reaching out to Randy, he confirmed he in fact did send it! I had to harrass my planner's assistant for 2 days to get her to find it. Magically, it was there! Sadly, this is the SECOND thing she couldn't find. Randy was great about the whole thing!

Your pictures are absolutely beautiful. We have booked Randy for our special day next year and after seeing all of the pics, I'm not worried about a things. Congrats!!

Maybe I am being really ignorant here but....... what is a photo waiver form?

I sent Randy the waiver last week by email (as my planner sent it to me to pass on)
Randy got it back to me the next day and I emailed it back to her (that way i have a record that it was sent ;) )
I am waiting on Stan my videographer to get his back to me though - but we have another month before the deadline is up x

My fiance and I are going to be in WDW in November for our site visit. We are looking at trying to get an idea of what we want ahead of time. Does Randy have a website? Also is he a Disney World Appoved Photography because we are thinking about having our reception in Epcot and I know that Disney does not let and photographers that are not Disney approved inside. Thanks.

Thanks everyone for the comments. We also think the pictures are beautiful. We didn't have a difficult time getting the waiver back from Randy. However, Stan was more difficult. Linda, Randy's wife, ended up helping me with Stan's waiver. If you have a problem, try asking Linda for help. She is also awesome! Also, Randy is not a Disney photographer so he would not be able to shoot inside the parks.

There is a form on his website, I'd fill it out or call and either Randy or his wife will get back to you with the password.

There is a form on his website, I'd fill it out or call and either Randy or his wife will get back to you with the password.

I knew that was coming. I'm trying to put together a spreadsheet to see if we could swing a Disney wedding and wasn't ready to contact him yet. Just wanted an estimate. Thanks.

I knew that was coming. I'm trying to put together a spreadsheet to see if we could swing a Disney wedding and wasn't ready to contact him yet. Just wanted an estimate. Thanks.

But thats exactly the point. They aren't going to call you and bother you what they are going to do is give you a current price quote. Its in your interest to get that password from them since prices do change and by you receiving them directly from the vendor you know that your receiving an accurate current rate. You can also find out if the vendor is available for the time frame your thinking about.

It's funny.. I've been a member of this site for a long time. I was talking to one of my friends who works at DFTW and when I mentioned disboards she let out a sigh... I thought nothing of it. Now that we are actually planning and I've asked a few questions here and there my opinion has changed... "I've always wanted a Disney wedding until I went on disboards." :-)

Sorry you feel that way...I think Randy is a fab photographer and if your interested in him you definitely should contact him. I don't have the password thats why I suggested you contact him. Happy Wedding Planning.

Does anybody have the password for his website to see the wedding packages?

I have Randy booked for my wedding in December, but when I inquired about wedding packages he sent me an email with a PDF of the fees. I never got a password. He was very helpful and not pushy at all about setting a date or anything. I would just shoot them an email about wanting to get some prices together, but that you're not ready to book right now.

I'm sorry you've had such a difficult time here! I've been hypothetically planning weddings for years and have asked questions randomly throughout time here and have always received a warm reception. I'm sorry you haven't felt the same :(.

Thanks! I will give him a call tomorrow. It hasn't been particularly bad, it's just frustrating to always get the answer "read the book!". I have the book, have read it, and still have questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter