Random Planning Advice

dredick

Keep Calm & Wish Upon A Star
We just booked the Hilton at Disney Springs for 4 days in April. Very last minute trip. DH has to run to Tampa for a day so we added Magic Kingdom and Disney Springs to the trip! This is the first time in years that I have not stayed on property. Can I get some advice for a non property trip? The MK is open 9-10 the day we are going. When should I show up since I don't get the extra magic hour. I have old magic bands, can I use them? I have the Disney App and it has my info saved, will it link to the bands when I buy the tickets? We are not doing any sit down meals, so that's one less thing to worry about. Basically, Please share any random advice for going to MK and staying off site. Thanks!!

Yes, if your park tickets are linked to your MDE you can use your old magicbands. Make your fastpasses at the 30 day mark.

The MK is open 9-10 the day we are going. When should I show up since I don't get the extra magic hour.

Does MK have an early EMH that day? If it does, you may want to change your day to one that doesn't.

If MK opens at 9:00, you'll be let into MK around 8:00 to mill around Main St and the hub area. The opening show is now at 8:55 in front of the castle. You will be held in that area by actual ropes which will then "drop" at 9:00 to let you into the rest of the park.

Assuming regular park opening at 9, no morning EMH. Main Street will open at 8:00. I would be at the parking lot no later than 7:15 (and honestly, I'd probably be there by 7) to allow time to get from your car to TTC, then boat / bus / monorail to the entrance IF you want to be in the park at 8. If you are happy just getting there before the rope drop, you can safely arrive half an hour or so later.

As long as your info is still in MDE, and your Magic Bands are still "active" which you can check in MDE, then you can simply link your new tickets, and your old Magic Bands will work fine.

Keep in mind that as an offsite guest, you will have to pay to park ($20 I believe) and it does take some extra time to get from the parking lot through the TTC to the park, hence the early arrival times I suggested above. Don't forget to book your FP+ at 30 days out. You should be able to get most of the good rides.

Oh no! The only day we can go is Mon and that is a EMH day! We are staying at the Hilton at Disney Springs, so they can get us there for free. I would just take a bus to Disney Springs at the end of the night and walk back to the Hilton via the new cross walk. Basically, I will miss rope drop because of the EMH?

Does MK have an early EMH that day? If it does, you may want to change your day to one that doesn't.

If MK opens at 9:00, you'll be let into MK around 8:00 to mill around Main St and the hub area. The opening show is now at 8:55 in front of the castle. You will be held in that area by actual ropes which will then "drop" at 9:00 to let you into the rest of the park.
I can't change the day because of the side trip to Tampa, and it is a early morning hour day. How bad will this mess with my morning?

I can't change the day because of the side trip to Tampa, and it is a early morning hour day. How bad will this mess with my morning?

You won't miss rope drop, but you will be entering a more crowded park. But if this is the only day you have, it's still going to be better than my day because you'll be at DISNEY!

Link your tickets asap and get your FP+ reserved when you're 30 days out. Then make a plan around those.

It stinks that it is an EMH day, but being there at RD will still put you ahead of many others who aren't early birds. Make sure you are there early to be at the front of the crowd. Once you link your tickets, then at 30 days, you'll get your FP, and then you can try to ride whatever else are your faves when you arrive - you obviously know how to navigate the park, and utilize your app to check wait times and make 4th,5th FP if you can, so I am sure you will still have a great time! You will get to see Wishes one more time - jealous!:D

You won't miss rope drop, but you will be entering a more crowded park. But if this is the only day you have, it's still going to be better than my day because you'll be at DISNEY!

Link your tickets asap and get your FP+ reserved when you're 30 days out. Then make a plan around those.
Just bought the tickets through the app! Trying to figure out how to link to old magic bands now!!

Dumb question! So I bought the tickets through the Disney app. I turned off all my other magic bands except the three we are using. Does that mean the tickets are automatically on those magic bands?

Nothing is "on" a Magic Band - it's just a key to access what's in your MDE account. As long as your tickets are in your MDE account, any Magic Band you have will access them (it wasn't necessary to "turn off" any of your Magic Bands).

Nothing is "on" a Magic Band - it's just a key to access what's in your MDE account. As long as your tickets are in your MDE account, any Magic Band you have will access them (it wasn't necessary to "turn off" any of your Magic Bands).
OH! Thank you! I have a dozen magic bands hanging around and I wasn't sure! So now I'm good to go? I just need to hit the 30 day mark for fast passes. This really is easier staying onsite!

Now I'm reading that my old magic bands from 2015 may have a dead battery! Should I just buy new magic bands?

Now I'm reading that my old magic bands from 2015 may have a dead battery! Should I just buy new magic bands?

You'll be fine. The only worry has been after 3+ years that videos from 7DMT and the like won't show up. For all normal functions (when u scan Mickey to Mickey), the band will work for a long time (forever?)

I have heard reports of 2013 bands still working.

You'll be fine. The only worry has been after 3+ years that videos from 7DMT and the like won't show up. For all normal functions (when u scan Mickey to Mickey), the band will work for a long time (forever?)

I have heard reports of 2013 bands still working.
I was 2 seconds away from buying three! Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter