• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ramada West maingate very nice room

accountingbabe08

DIS Veteran
just returned from disney we stayed on property. My parents decided to go a week before we left. I found them a room @ Ramada West Maingate 44.10 a night with a AAA discount. very nice motel very clean and comfortable beds. Hope this helps someone out.

if so we stayed there for 1 night last month as we decided to drive in late to get an early start at the parks the next day.

this place was horrible... when we arrived around midnight there were men in the lobby area screaming and yelling at each other and the front desk telling them they better leave cause police were coming! strike one!
so the men took it outside and proceded to start fighting in the parking lot.
after checking in they tell us to just drive around in the parking lot till someone else leaves as the lot it usually full due to karioki night (mind you this is at midnight) strike 2!

we find a spot in the lot behind their building (i think it may have been the lot for the hotel behind them) yes it was that far:scared:

we get to the building and once we enter the hall (long) the smell of bleach was horrific. strike 3!
later we determined it must have been clorine from the indoor pool, but it was way too strong. once we got in the room you could still smell the bleach . we usually get 2 beds when we travel so we can get a good nights sleep...as soon as my husband got in his bed I turned down my sheets only to have a spider go running to the foot of the bed.:scared1:
my husband got up and killed it and I climbed in his bed...
I could not sleep for the strong bleach smell until I put some vick's under my nose, but when I woke up 3 hours later I had to apply more.
then there were poeple hollering at each other in the hall for the next 20 minutes or more:headache:

never again!
we stayed at POP Century the rest of the stay and loved it
hope this helps someone trying to decide on this hotel:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter