Ralph Brennan's Gingerbread House Workshops

figment_jii

DIS Veteran
Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen just sent out an email with the dates for this year's Haunted and Holiday Gingerbread Workshops.

Haunted Workshop: October 24 (Noon to 2 pm)
Holiday Workshop: December 12, 19, and 20 (Noon to 2 pm)

Tickets go on sale for the Haunted Workshop on September 28 at 10 am and for the Holiday Workshops on November 9 at 10 am. Hopefully they'll post a link to the information on their website (or Twitter/Facebook feeds soon!).

These events are very popular and seats go fast! So if you're interested in doing one of them, I would make sure to be online as close to 10:00 am as possible.

Figment and I participated in one of the Holiday workshops last year and it was a lot of fun! Each ticket includes one gingerbread house kid (pieces for the house, decorations, and royal icing), unlimited soda, and two seats. Most of the other guests were veterans; Figment only saw one other group raise their hand when Chef Finkel asked if this was anyone’s first workshop.

After Figment checked-in, he was taken to his spot (seating is pre-assigned). The gingerbread kit and instructions were already on the table.
DSC_0698_zps0a506284.jpg

Figment quickly read over the instructions. He was surprised to see how many people opted to over food. He’d rather spend his time decorating his gingerbread house (plus he’d just finished brunch).
DSC_0704_zps844ec283.jpg

Each kit came with side walls, two roof singles, one chimney, one snowman, one gingerbread man and one tree. The kits also included lots of colorful candy. Figment was amazed to see how much extra decorations other guests were brining. They had bags and bags of candy with them!
DSC_0703_zps670423a3.jpg

DSC_0701_zps657917ca.jpg

Each to group was given a piping bag of royal icing. That stuff was thick and Figment was very careful to make sure he didn’t get any on himself. Chef Finkel showed the class how to “glue” down the base of the house and then glue the sides together. Then the roof was attached. He recommended waiting at least 15-minutes for the icing to set before applying the decorations. Figment was good…he waited (mostly).  Then it was time to apply the decorations!
DSC_0707_zps99d1fa8e.jpg

After the workshop ended, Figment had to take his gingerbread house home (i.e., back to the hotel). He was staying at the BWPPI, so that meant walking from Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen, getting through bag check, and then to the hotel! Lots of folks asked Figment where he got the gingerbread house. Overall, the Gingerbread workshop was a lot of fun!
DSC_0713_zpsdec6263b.jpg

Thanks! When I saw the email I thought about taking dd this year, but I don't think it would fare an airplane well so hopefully someone will go this year and share photos :)

Wow, Figment did a great job! :)

I did the Haunted House one with my nephews, and agree that it is fun. They were going to take it to San Diego, but my younger nephew really wanted to eat it since they had made a gingerbread house before and his mother didn't allow him to eat any of that one. :lmao:

I didn't have the heart to eat it either! It's actually covered and on a shelf ready to have additional decorations added and put out again this year! Did you ask your nephew...how did it taste?

I was amazed at the number of people that seemed to have participated in previous years because they came prepared with bags of decorations to augment the ones that Brennan's supplied.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter