Rainforest Cafe?

4Ollies

Mouseketeer
Can you make reservations for Rainforest Cafe? We like T Rex in Kansas City and I know the boys would enjoy Rainforest.

Yup! I called about 45 days in advance and I was able to get a reservation last time we went and it is a good idea because especially on weekends they get very crowded. Our wait on a friday night was 10 minutes vs. about 40-50 without a reservation. Just call them directly- I got the number from their website.

*note- you don't need to call 45 days in advance (they aren't that popular) I just happened to call early and they were still willing to take my reservation.

Thanks! How did people plan anything before the internet?

I know right. I can't imagine life without the iternet since we're so used to it. I remember my mom used to buy one of those guides by steve birbaum (sp?) every year we went to disney and plan that way.

Early reservations are good! I just called for ours in late June and had to change the time since they were already booked for the time I was planning.

I know right. I can't imagine life without the iternet since we're so used to it. I remember my mom used to buy one of those guides by steve birbaum (sp?) every year we went to disney and plan that way.

I love my books but sometimes you read enough of them and they contradict each other. It's nice to be able to pop in, ask a question, sometimes get different opinions, but then be able to make an educated decision.

We have friends who thought you could just show up at WDW in the summer and didn't do any planning. Not a place to fly by the seat of your pants as they quickly learned.

I would recommend doing it if you plan on going during a peak time of the day. We usually go for a late lunch/early dinner, and only wait a few minutes for a table. It's probably the only place I don't over plan on. LOL

Hi 4Ollies!

Quick question for you - can you tell me briefly about T Rex? We are going to WDW in Jan 2009 and one thing we are anxious about seeing is the new restaurant. Is it as cool as it sounds? We are three adults but love everything Disney.:goodvibes

BTW, I think you will love Rainforest, we do. The only time we avoid it is if we want a more quiet dining experience. It is pretty loud in there. I would make ressies two weeks in advance. That would be plenty, but definitely make them, without the wait will surely be 30 plus minutes. Have a great time!

I hear they are putting in a Dinosaur one near us locally. I can't wait. I'm guessing it's gonna be similar, only with Dinosaurs moving around and maybe volcanos errupting every 15 minutes or something. LOL

FYI if you are a Safari Club member, usually you have little or no wait. get a 10% off your meals and 10% off in gift shop.

I went to the Rainforest Cafe by my house the wait was 45 mins for walk-up. I was seated in 10 mins

Hi 4Ollies!

Quick question for you - can you tell me briefly about T Rex? We are going to WDW in Jan 2009 and one thing we are anxious about seeing is the new restaurant. Is it as cool as it sounds? We are three adults but love everything Disney.:goodvibes

BTW, I think you will love Rainforest, we do. The only time we avoid it is if we want a more quiet dining experience. It is pretty loud in there. I would make ressies two weeks in advance. That would be plenty, but definitely make them, without the wait will surely be 30 plus minutes. Have a great time!

T Rex is all about the dinosaurs of course. They have a couple of large aquariums with sharks, etc. There are giant octupi and squids hanging from the ceiling. I can't remember how many robotic dinosaurs they have but the huge T Rex that greats you in the entry is great. Dh is pretty tall, around 6'4", and it looks like it is going to eat him when his head leans down. There is a storm that rolls through (like Rainforest I think), which makes some of the animals move.

The food is good, not great, but the menu is pretty diverse. I've had fish and chips and DH a hamburger since he loves them the last time we went. The deserts are HUGE. Next time we are going to do their s'mores. You get to make them at your table with a little sterno type fire and all. Our pediatrician said they are really good! :) The chocolate layer cake is enough to probably feed all of you. I think it took me several snacks to finish it off and I love chocolate. Kids can get a dinosaur Rice Krispy treat that is bigger than my dinner plates. It comes with red and blue coloring and paintbrush to decorate it. Oh, they also get little M&Ms to add to it too.

There is a Build a Dinosaur by Build a Bear there. Pretty cute seeing all these boxes with tails sticking out. My two enjoyed the dinosaur dig pit and I think it was only $2 each.

We have really enjoyed it. There were lots of kids but other groups of just adults there too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter