• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney

summersfam4

Mouseketeer
Any tips/ideas on how to enjoy dinner at the Rainforest Cafe for dinner without breaking the bank? We have been before, but this time we are going with DH's sister, her DH & DD, me, my DH, and our 2 DD's. I was looking at the Safari Club. Is it worth it? I just can't see spending $15 to join when I won't get the $10 in the mail untill later and only 10% off our meal/purchases? I looked at Hotwire savings club, but no deal there nor at mypoints.com (I am new members at both places thanks to you guys ;) ) Any tips would be appreciated!

Kelly :wave2:

I knew that if anybody would know how to save at the rainforest cafe it would be the DIS'ers ::yes::

We are having dinner at the one in Animal Kingdom. The reason being...is they will allow the VKL vouchers at dinner! I have seen mixed reviews for the DD RFC. Some say they have allowed them and others have said no.

The VKL vouchers seem to be a great deal if you share them. All the threads I have read have said that they have had more than enough food for 2 and even some left over. If you have not heard of the vacation kingdom vouchers look for a thread about them. They are $31 dollars for adult. I have bought 1 adult and 2 childs for the 6 of us. It was around $62 for all and this includes appetizer, main entree, drink and dessert. We might end up buying a couple of drinks but that should be it because tip and tax is included in the voucher.

Otherwise I would do the Safari Club! It sounds like there is nothing to lose!

I know there are a few other ways to save and I am sure you will get more ideas.

Do the vouchers work at Rainforest in DD? I thought I read somewhere that the only work at the one at AK.

DH and I shared a dinner because the portions are large. I think I had an appetizer or side order as well. DD, then 8, had a kids entree. We spent about $60.

We are members of the Safari club and love it. It is great getting the priority seating when you walk in. You also get 10% off you bill or a free appetizer of the day. They also send coupons for $5.00 off for your birthday and anniversary.

I wish vouchers were an option, but seeing as it is unsure if we could use them at downtown Disney, I would rather not buy them and then be turned down. Thanks for the info though. Anyone else? Any gift cards deals(like through Hotwire where you pay $25 but you get $5.00 back the next month)? Anything? I just think that seeing as we don't have any Rainforest cafe or associated restaurants near by that the Safari Club would possibly be a waste for us ( you pay $15 to join then get 10% off food, non alcholic beverages, and the store (where we don't plan on purchasing anything as we have been before), plus $10 gift card back by mail but I'm unsure if this will expire before my next visit :( This is our only time with DSIL and they want to be in downtown Disney.

Kelly

We joined the Safari Club to avoid the long wait times (you get in faster with the club). That alone was worth it. We do have one near though so we use it for more than just Disney. They sent us a postcard last month for a free Volcano dessert.

We usually get the free appetizer (we are club members) and then we share a pizza or something. It is expensive. We really enjoy eating there, though. I love to walk in and see how long the wait is and then be told to walk on through :) We joined the club about four years ago when it was a $10 free certificate when you signed up, plus they sent you another. And, it only cost $10 to join. That was a no brainer. We usually eat there twice when we are there. We just love the atmosphere. We ate breakfast at AK

We joined this year for the quick seating. We also enjoyed the free appetizer.

As mentioned, we paid $10, but they sent us a $10 certificate. We used the $10 and my $5 birthday gift in the gift shop on our last visit. (Be advised that they have a pretty short expiration, but we were luckily back within the time.) The store was having a huge sale, so we wound up buying something like three shirts and a couple of toys and out tab was around $3.

There are also restaurants in other cities where you can get discounts.

Sheila

If you can, I thought I read you can return unused things back to Hotwire. So, why not get te vouchers and see. It may be a little inconvenience but the savings could be huge. Also, couldn't you sell the vouchers on DIS auctions or ebay. At least you will get your money back. Just a thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter