Rainforest Cafe at Yorkdale?

misslissa

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

I'm leaving for WDW on Saturday, and like to do a few fun Disney-inspired activities before our trip. Like, play Disney Monopoly and watch some movies...

I'm thinking of going to Rainforest Cafe at Yorkdale sometime this week... does anyone know offhand how pricy they are? I've heard some people discuss this before... but I'm just curious... if you have any examples??? :confused3

Sounds like a fun idea!!

Not sure of exact prices but I do remember going to the one in Niagara for lunch and the bill for 4 of us (dh, myself, ds10, ds4) was about $80 if I remember right. It was a while ago though!

I don't know if you remember me. I am Disney on Today's Parent.

We are heading to Toronto on Friday.

Have a great time in Disney!!

Hey Misslissa :wave2:

We are heading for Disney on Saturday as well! We are staying at Saratoga Springs as well! When are you leaving? Have a great trip! :thumbsup2

Hey Misslissa :wave2:

We are heading for Disney on Saturday as well! We are staying at Saratoga Springs as well! When are you leaving? Have a great trip! :thumbsup2

We're going to be flying down on Saturday, we'll get there around noon. That night we're staying at POP but the following nights we'll be at SSR until the 23rd!!!

The world will be invaded by Canadians ;)

1 more day to get through - this time tomorrow night we'll be on our way!!

And a big HI to Disney A. Glad you came over to this side :lmao:

We did a similar thing about 2 years ago and it cost us about $75 for dinner (no alcohol) and quite frankly the food was absolutely horrible. On our next trip (prior to travelling) we just watched a few Disney movies and talked constantly about what we were doing on what day and how much fun we would have. Was just as fun and a lot cheaper!

the Food there is terrible !! !! and the service is worse! And the prices are just too high for what you get.
I think the kids meal (which includes your meal, a drink and 1 ice cream ball) $10. So a bit overpriced.

We're going to be flying down on Saturday, we'll get there around noon. That night we're staying at POP but the following nights we'll be at SSR until the 23rd!!!

misslissa,we are also staying at POP for one night and then checking into GF for the rest of our stay. Are you planing on grabing a cab over to SSR and taking your bags with you? I think that's what we are planing on doing, just worried about our bags taking too long to get to GF.:confused3

I heard that Bell Services will do it. I thought we'd bring them to Bell Services at POP on our own and hopefully they'll get to Saratoga by evening?!?! Have you done this before???

We didn't plan on going the first night... so POP was all the had available.:goodvibes

We love RAINFOREST CAFE! We are Safari Members, so we get deals and 10% off meals.

Kids meals are $7.99, three mini hot dogs, awesome burger, multi cheese grilled sandwich, chicken nuggets....includes homemade chips or fries [they are really good and I don't usually eat fries] or apple sauce AND a drink...kids keep the safari cup. Kids sundaes are $2.50.

Appetizers are about $7.99-$13.99, mostly $8.99 and $9.99 ~ I usually get an appetizer as a meal.

Wraps, sandwiches and burgers are around $10-$12

Soup is awesome $5-ish

House side salad $5-ish

Entrees range widely ~ $15 - $25

You get tons of food!

A volcano is a cool dessert, I think it's around $12

The VOLCANO really is awesome! It is a family sized (four chocoholics size even) ice cream and brownie desert served with whip cream and sparklers. My family loves it and it's cheaper than taking them all out to an ice cream parlor!

We went to the rainforest cafe in Niagara Falls and I couldn't believe the prices! They charged $14 for a hamburger with a side of potato chips. If you wanted fries it was an extra $1 if you wanted a side salad an extra $5. The volcano is the best part of the meal!

Chiming in about bell services moving bags - we did 3 transfers on our 2 week trip in October - MCO via ME to OKW - bags arrived fairly fast - OKW to BWV - we went to a park during the day and by the time we checked in at around 2pm our bags were there - then BWV to SSR - again same situation as OKW to BWV.

My only words of caution - make sure you don't send anything breakable - on the BWV to SSR transfer they smashed 2/4 of my canisters I had bought, a mug and a plastic sword ds had bought was broken and everything was very very well wrapped in the middle of the suitcase of clothes so we still aren't sure how they broke. the plastic sides of 2 of our suitcases was also damaged so they must have been very rough with them. They did replace the broken items with the exception of the suitcases as we really couldn't be sure the airline hadn't damaged them before getting to the resort.:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter