Rainforest Cafe AK vs. DTD

purpliequeen

DIS Veteran
For next week, we have set aside one night with tickets already to see La Nouba in DTD. After the show (around 8-9), we want to eat at the Rainforest Cafe in DTD, which we ate at two trips back.

I called to make a reservation and the CM told me that they do not make reservations for this Rainforest Cafe in DTD, only the one in AK. Is this true?

We are staying at the AKL and I was wondering if it's better to make a reservation at AK and just take the bus transportation to AK instead to eat there. I don't know if I should risk walking up before La Nouba to see if Rainforest Cafe DTD has room.

What are your suggestions? Much appreciated! :)

Well if I am not mistaken unless it is EMH night at AK, they will close at 6pm.

How long does bus transportation run after park closing?
What time is your dinner?
Are you on the dining plan? (not sure if the AK location accepts it)

Anewman,

Very true. I didn't think about AK park closing time. We will probably be eating around 8:30.

We have eaten at both the AK and DTD locations, and we love them both!

I don't know if the AK location closes the same time as the park does though.

If you don't already have one, go onto RFC website and get a membership for a Safari Card, with this, you can go to any RFC and basically not have to wait in line for more than 5 - 10 minutes and you get a free app. We used our card in May at the DTD location and we were seated within minutes - it was 6:00 on a friday night, and the place was packed!!! :yay:

Have a great vacation!

You can make a reservation at the DTD location by calling the restaurant directly:
407-827-8500

Which RFC is nicer, in terms of atmosphere/environment - the one in Animal Kingdom or the one in Downtown Disney?

kj_connections said:
Which RFC is nicer, in terms of atmosphere/environment - the one in Animal Kingdom or the one in Downtown Disney?

I prefer Downtown Disney; it's bigger, and has separate Elephant and Gorilla rooms. The one in Animal Kingdom is smaller, and from a lot of places you can see outside and the sun is bright, which kind of spoils the effect. It's not so much like that at Downtown Disney. I LOVE Rainforest Cafe!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter