RaceRock Restaurant Closure

can

Earning My Ears
Just was made aware that the RaceRock Restaurant on International Drive has been closed for several months. Anyone hear why? Is one of my DH's favorite places to visit when we come down. He will be disappointed!

At the time, the owners said they had an offer to buy the property and turn it into a high-end restaurant--although Race Rock was popular, it was just too much money to turn down.

There was supposed to be an annoucement re: this new restaurant...11 months ago. Last time I drove by, the Race Rock sign was still up and it still had the checkered flag roof. Not sure what happened to the plans.

Just was made aware that the RaceRock Restaurant on International Drive has been closed for several months. Anyone hear why? Is one of my DH's favorite places to visit when we come down. He will be disappointed!

They closed down about a year ago and had a big auction of all the memorabilia.
The owner was made an offer "he couldn't refuse" for the property. That's prime Orlando real estate.
My DH was really sad! We always looked forward to a meal (or two) there during our Orlando trips. He liked the "Brute Force" burger, LOL!
It will probably save us money in the long run. Although the food was very reasonable, we always seemed to leave there a couple hundred $ lighter because of his t-shirt and souvenier purchases. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter