R: California Tamale Pie

Beth E. (NJ)

<font color=red>Disney obsessed<br><font color=blu
I don't know about you guys, but I love Mexican food - or even mock Mexican food. I found this crock pot recipe and it called my name.

California Tamale Pie

1lb lean ground beef
3/4 cup of yellow corn meal
1 1/2 cup of milk
1 egg beaten
1 package of chili seasoning mix
1 tsp. seasoned salt
1 (1lb) can tomatoes, cut up
1 (1lb) can whole kernal corn, drained
1 (2 1/4 oz) can sliced ripe olives, drained
1 cup grated cheddar cheese

In skillet cook meat until crumbly: drain. In large bowl mix corn meal, milk, egg. Add drained meat, dry chili seasoning mix, seasoned salt and tomatoes, corn and olives. Pour into slow cooking pot. Cover and cook on high 3-4 hours. Sprinkle cheese on top. cover and cook and then cook for 5 more minutes.
Makes 6-8 servings

Sounds like my family would love it! I'm going to the store to pick up the ingredients, so I can give it a try.

Love my crockpot in the summer! It doesn't heat up the kitchen like the oven and dinner is ready when we get back from all those summer activities!

Anybody have another good crockpot recipe for summer?

so a tamale is just the name right......what ever it is .......this sounds great....and I am just starting to learn about mexican dishes other than taco salad bowl........thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter