Quite Cove Pool/Adult Deck space on Wish

JPTexan82

Ever which way but loose
Of course we are not going to know until July for sure. Just an Observation. But I do have some concerns about the lack of Adult only deck space on the Wish compared to the Dream/Fantasy. No more can you go to the front of the ship on the top deck (Breeze, Sail Away, ETC), which would allow people to space out. It almost seems that DCL wants you to pay for either Concierge or Senses spa to have that little extra space in the Bow now. Now with the loss of Satellite Falls, I can see the Wish is not going to have prime Adults Only space unless you are willing to pay extra.

What I am saying the new COVE area is about 1/2 the size as on the Dream/Fantasy. Yes we can all see that its on 13 aft. But it appears to me, the over all open deck space is now pay for use.
I think it's perception, since the deck plan for the WISH appears to be drawn on a smaller scale. The overall width of the drawing is almost a 1/2" narrower and the ships are supposed to be the same size physically..

I think it's perception, since the deck plan for the WISH appears to be drawn on a smaller scale. The overall width of the drawing is almost a 1/2" narrower and the ships are supposed to be the same size physically..
Look at the placement of the Concierge Deck in the forward top of the ship. That space use to be the Satellite Falls, so that area is now a Pay Wall. So the adults that would use that area would now be forced to the Quite Cove area. Which still has two hot tubs and one pool. Down a pool, because of the loss of Sat Falls. So if you want more space, Senses is going to be on the only place. Its a hidden up charge no one is talking about, on something that use to be free.

Look at the placement of the Concierge Deck in the forward top of the ship. That space use to be the Satellite Falls, so that area is now a Pay Wall. So the adults that would use that area would now be forced to the Quite Cove area. Which still has two hot tubs and one pool. Down a pool, because of the loss of Sat Falls. So if you want more space, Senses is going to be on the only place. Its a hidden up charge no one is talking about, on something that use to be free.
Since the Concierge guests have their own pool and deck area they have no reason to use Quiet Cove, so it is probably balanced out.

I think we will really not know till we see the area in person. I like to think positive that DCL knows what they are doing. They have gotten years of feedback from cruisers on what they like and dislike.

I am looking forward to seeing what The Wish has to offer. I personally think the original ship adult pool area is better than the rounds pools on the larger ships, but it all is a master of preference.

Here’s to the future of DCL! Let the Magic Begin!🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻✨💫✨🚢😎

Deck 13 is the Concierges Deck. Deck 14 has a small pool and is open access to everyone.

Deck 13 aft has adults only area plus down the sides of the ship a bit and includes a space on deck 14 via a staircase.

I've been wondering about this for a while. It's not only the deck plan that makes it look small, but the artist renderings also make it look small. I know that it wraps around and down each side as well, but it still seems pretty tiny...

Looks too small to me too, like when the Dream didn’t have Satellite Falls, it was not pleasant if you wanted to be in the adults only pool space. Satellite Falls totally corrected that. My feeling is that they are making the same mistake again.

I've been wondering about this for a while. It's not only the deck plan that makes it look small, but the artist renderings also make it look small. I know that it wraps around and down each side as well, but it still seems pretty tiny...
And if you watched that Today show video about a month ago where they toured the ship it looks tiny in that video.

I think we will really not know till we see the area in person. I like to think positive that DCL knows what they are doing. They have gotten years of feedback from cruisers on what they like and dislike.
Not trying to pick out this comment, but DCL is owned by the same company that brought you the Genie and took away Magical Express, cut back on house keeping at resorts, raised season pass rates, park reservations to just name a few. The only feedback they care about is if your credit card clears. I’m saying there is a purpose on why this is small.

I have this same worry. We are booked on the Wish in November for concierge but I was considering downgrading us, except that we just went on the Fantasy two weeks ago and Quiet Cove was so packed that it wasn’t relaxing. I really really want larger adult pool spaces, but the Wish looks like it is getting even smaller. And it feels like without paying to go to Senses and/or Concierge, we won’t have the adult pool experience we are looking for. I am happy they moved back our PIF date because now staying concierge or not is going to depend on watching and reading reviews about the new quiet cove space in July.

I am also watching to see how this will be in reality. We would have booked the Wish already but there are some definite red flags with the information we know so far.

I am also watching to see how this will be in reality. We would have booked the Wish already but there are some definite red flags with the information we know so far.
Agree. I really want to love the new ship, but have real concerns about the adults areas in general. Will be hard not to see cabanas for us too. Booked for August but likely much longer before I’m able to see it in person, so anxious to see the video tours.

I have this same worry. We are booked on the Wish in November for concierge but I was considering downgrading us, except that we just went on the Fantasy two weeks ago and Quiet Cove was so packed that it wasn’t relaxing. I really really want larger adult pool spaces, but the Wish looks like it is getting even smaller. And it feels like without paying to go to Senses and/or Concierge, we won’t have the adult pool experience we are looking for. I am happy they moved back our PIF date because now staying concierge or not is going to depend on watching and reading reviews about the new quiet cove space in July.
That's kind of surprising to me, because I was going to comment how I thought Disney finally got the ratio of adult-to-family lido deck space right with the Wish. On every cruise we've been on, the family pool has been packed--pool and hot tub shoulder to shoulder, every lounger full, while the adult area has been downright empty--on our Easter cruise this year, there were no more than 5 adults in the adult pool area every time I've gone. If I had to guess why our experiences were so different, I assume it must be because we tend to sail during school holidays, when the number of families with children is maxxed out, whereas you went in May when school is in session. But for our five cruises to date, it was clear that the adult pool area was larger than it needed to be, and the family pool area was too small.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter