Quiet spot at Whispering Canyon??

mrssalvaggio

Mouseketeer
We are staying at WL in early December. I was looking at the menu for Whispering Canyon and thought my DH would absolutely love the skillets. I've read about the different antics that take place and my 14 year old DD freaked (for parents of teenage girls you'll know what I'm talking about when I say she is hypersensative about the craziest things.) I'm even concerned that my 5 year old DS who is kind of shy and might get a frowny face:mad: and not understand the good-natured kidding from strangers. My DH would love the antics and want to be in the middle of it (making it worse for the kids). I've heard that there is a library room that is quieter. I was wondering for those that have been there and requested the library room, do they "leave you alone"? I was thinking maybe if I could get them to watch and see how much fun others were having without the pressure of being involved, they might want to join in next time.

There must be quieter spots, because I've read where some people have complained about them... those who wanted in on the action. I would simply tell the host/hostess the situation and I'm sure they will inform your server to tone it down. (They'll also do this at 50's.) I'm sure they could even manage some gentle teasing for your husband that might entertain the kids...

We've been twice (breakfast and lunch) and never got much of the teasing. On our first visit we must have looked pretty tired (we were!) and they put us kind of toward the front end of the restaurant.......most of the action takes place in the center it seems. We could see the goings on, but they were no where near us.
Last trip we were in the center and felt more a part of things, but still didn't get directly involved in the action. We all got a big kick out of everything going on around us and DD especially enjoyed taking her ketchup bottle to another table along with everyone else. I don't think you'll have any problem being left alone if you request it.

We went there in aug and had a bad experience, so the ds asked not to go there again. First if you want quiet sit by the fireplace area and if you definetely dont want the jokes then ask for a male server. I saw another poster tell of ther great experience and she had a female server. It did seem like all the fun was with the female servers. That is why we are not going back. All our ds wanted to be part of the jokes and the fun and our server was not into it and didnt do anything. Just dont expect it because sometimes it just does not happen. He did get a good tip because he was an attentive server, just not a fun one. Some things we saw - the ketchup thing of course, bandana tied on old guy to look like hat., giant straw served in drink (I did get that one), but with no comment from the server and the funniest one I liked was someone who must have asked for a large coke, got like a 2 gallon pitcher of it. You can all participate in the hokey pokey if you want and they did embaress a honeymoon couple by making them stand up etc. The dinner skillet was good except the beef stew which looked like dog food to us. We got extra of the pulled pork. The ribs were like shoe leather however. We use to live in texas so are used to that kind of barbeque and its not the same I might add. So I dont know what your expectations are of the place. Its loud at times, but not what we expected.

If your teenager is not going to be into these type of antics, I would go elsewhere and not risk it. I was recently there with all adults and were seated in the back room (away from the main room). Our server still kind of played the role even though we weren't at all looking for it. I know many people go to Whispering Canyon specifically for the antics, but I am shy and prefer "regular" service. I avoid 50's Prime Time Cafe for the same reason.

If you want it to be quiet, I'd suggest making an early dinner reservation. We were just there a couple weeks ago and our dinner PS was for 5:30 and it was pretty quiet the whole meal (there was hardly anyone there when we arrived). A server made hats out of bandannas for our whole table--we got some priceless pictures of our baby in his "hat" but otherwise it was a pretty normal meal. We didn't care for the food that much, but we'd probably go back if we stay at the WL again.

I have eaten the the quieter room at WC and the servers made bandanna hats but there was not a lot of activity otherwise. I'd say eat early and request that room and everything will be alright. I do think it gets rowdier as the evening gets later. By the way, I am shy myself and have eaten several times at WC and never felt uncomfortable or that I was being teased.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter