Quiet Room at POP?

Jenny

DIS Veteran
i'm concerned about a lot of noise at POP after reading some of the unhappy w/ POP posts. if given a choice, would it be quieter to stay on the top floor, end of the corridor, back of the property, etc, or does it matter?

we were in the 50's building and noisy was not a problem on the 4th floor.

bottom floor I can see it being a problem - too many people taking the short cut by your room.

I would think a lake view might be quieter.....we had a pool view.

but after all day at a WDW park you are gonna be so tired.....

Originally posted by Jenny
i'm concerned about a lot of noise at POP after reading some of the unhappy w/ POP posts. if given a choice, would it be quieter to stay on the top floor, end of the corridor, back of the property, etc, or does it matter?

We stayed in 50's, building 2, lake view (and Illuminations view) room 2456 and it was very quiet. I rarely heard anyone. And the only toilet that I heard was our room! So I'd say request 50's lake view -any of thsoe views would be quieter I;m sure. Also we did not have another building facing us.

Returning to the POP for 6 nights this December and have requested 50's lake view again.

Hope this helps!
:wave:

Originally posted by Jenny

There are some areas that are typically more quiet than others. Pool views, and first floor rooms will typically have the most noise, whereas lakeview rooms on the 4th floor will be the quietest.

However, the bottom line is that it really all depends on your neighbors... and you can have loud obnoxious neighbors at any resort, including the Grand Floridian.

If you don't want noise, I would stay away from the 60s pool view section.

I actually preferred this because I thought the view of the Hippie Dippie Pool was fun.

However, they do not strictly enforce the pool hours and there were people in the pool way into the wee hours.

We loved hearing the laughing and the fun we heard and because we were so tired it did not effect our sleep. But if you are a person who is sensitive to the noise I would recommend the 50s section on one of the upper floors. And agin, Tyler was correct you really can't pick who is going to be next to you. If you get a noisy neighbor I guess you can request to get a room change. I personally didn't hear a peep out of my neighbors the whole ten days I was there but the people in the pool were noisy at times. I even went for a late night swim myself because they sounded like they were having so much fun.

Have fun. I really liked Pop Century, I hope you do to.

:wave2: :wave:

Originally posted by Chip 'n Dale Express
However, the bottom line is that it really all depends on your neighbors... and you can have loud obnoxious neighbors at any resort, including the Grand Floridian.

I can certainly attest to this as truth becasue we have stayed at GF, Poly. CR, BC, AKL, CBR & POFQ - we had the noisiest neighbors at CR & BC. Had nothing to do with the resorts, just some folks are noisier than others, some are very quiet.

I agree, if you want to be away from general noise, like the main pool or any pool area, then request a 50's building, 4th fl, facing the lake. That should help, but you never know about the folks down the hall ;)

Thank you, Tyler, for your always gracious responses to our unending questions. ::yes:

:wave: :

This past August we stayed in the 90's section and it was very quiet.

our fourth floor room in building one (i think!) was very quiet... we had a view of everything pop which suited us fine, esp when the kids wanted to walk there by themselves, we could watch them most of the way!

We stayed in the 70's. It was pretty quiet, and pretty close to the bus stop. The nearest pool is in the 80's section, but it was far enough away, we didn't know it was there until our last night of the trip.

We were in the back of the 70's section, by the lake, 3rd floor. It was very quiet, but close to the bus stop, food and the Goofy water play area (my girls' favorite!). 6343 I think, but anything back there would be about the same. We did not have loud neighbors, or maybe any neighbors at all (we never saw anyone else next to us, but we heard toilets early in the morning on the weekend only).

Personally, I like the 50's theming better...

thanks for the replies..it really helps a 1st timer like myself to hear from those who have experienced POP already...all positive re: a quiet stay..that's great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter