Quickest way to disembark

novascotiagal

Earning My Ears
DD 10 & myself going on Fantasy in March 2013 :yay: Booked direct flight back to Canada at 1225 hr on disembarktion day. Now getting nervous about that because it is recommending you check in 3 hours before flight. Taking DCL transfer to MCO. What is the quickest way to disembark and get on first bus to MCO?

TIA for any advice or thoughts.

DD 10 & myself going on Fantasy in March 2013 :yay: Booked direct flight back to Canada at 1225 hr on disembarktion day. Now getting nervous about that because it is recommending you check in 3 hours before flight. Taking DCL transfer to MCO. What is the quickest way to disembark and get on first bus to MCO?

TIA for any advice or thoughts.

Eat breakfast in the buffet, not the main dining room. Room service is not available on the last morning (except in concierge) but you can get some pastries and fruit the night before and eat them in your stateroom.

Since your flight is international I'm assuming you won't be eligible for the onboard airline check-in? (Participants receive their boarding passes in their staterooms and they set out luggage to be picked up outside their stateroom door the last night of the cruise and the next time they'll see it would be at their home airport.)

Most passengers not participating in the onboard airline check-in will set out their luggage the last night and it will be picked up and warehoused inside the cruise terminal until you get off the ship. This saves your having to schlep it around the ship with hundreds of other people and their luggage trying to disembark.

In order to speed up your early departure, I would keep all luggage inside your stateroom and schlep it off the ship yourself. either that, or just take carry-on luggage.

Anyway, as soon as the ship clears customs, you can "walk off" with all your belongings, go through cusstoms and catch the first bus.

The quickest way to get off is to keep your luggage with you. They have actually begun a system of allowing people with no luggage in the terminal to get off while they are still setting up the luggage claim area IN the terminal.

As above, eat breakfast at 7 or before at a pool deck outlet or order cereal, milk, and juice from room service the night before and eat in your cabin the last morning.

Get off as soon as they announce clearance. The first bus to MCO will fill very quickly as you won't be the only one in a hurry! However, a 12:25 flight is nothing to worry about, even international. We've actually been ON a 9:30 flight. We booked 12:30, got there early, and they put us on the earlier flight!

Thanks for the response. You are quite right I can't do onboard on-line checkin. It's our first cruise and i was worried about missing the flight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter