Quick trip worth it for these shots.

tjl1388

20 mins. from the Mouse!!
So Wed (9/19) around midnight me the the DW decide to do a spur of the moment trip to Disney. So around 1am we headed out from Atlanta, swapped driving and sleeping and rolled into the MK just in time for opening.

Long story short, ended up staying until Sat and had a BLAST. For me the whole trip was worth it for this shot. Comments always welcome.

Thanks

199103029-L-2.jpg

:worship: :worship: :worship: :thumbsup2 :love:

WOW.

That's it, just WOW.

What a great gallery of pictures! Thank you for sharing them. They inspire me to take more pictures. You have an exceptional "eye", my friend.

Can I borrow it?

D4D

tjl1388 said:
So Wed (9/19) around midnight me the the DW decide to do a spur of the moment trip to Disney. So around 1am we headed out from Atlanta, swapped driving and sleeping and rolled into the MK just in time for opening.
That is so cool and definitely something I could see us doing if we lived a little closer! I'm glad you had a great time! :goodvibes

Oh yes, nice picture, too!

OK, OK, we believe that you went to Disney, you don't have to keep telling us that your photos are proof that you were really there. :rotfl2:

Those are really amazing!
I really have trouble getting night phtos. I'm going to take my tripod and practice in October. Any tips?

Thanks for changing to a less-obtrusive watermark. :thumbsup2

Nice shot but I think you could make it even better with just a little white balance adjustment, slightly cooler might benefit the look of the sky and help make the green pop a little more, too.

I agree Groucho. I am going to balance it a little in PS. My D70 is also REALLY noisy but when I run the image through Noise Ninja it blurs the details to much for my liking.

CPM, wait until closing. When the parade is over and the fireworks are done it is amazing how everyone flies for the exits. I wait until they absolutely kick me out. When everybody is heading out the park gets deserted QUICK!! I can lug my tripod around and shoot to my pleasing. It is one of my favorite times in the park.

That is an amazing picture! It almost doesn't look real! :thumbsup2

Depending on how my pics turn out this trip w/ our new S5 and since we're new to the photography thing I'm not getting my hopes up! Do you ever allow people to use your photos in their scrapbooks? (with all due credit of course!) Would it help if I told you we just got our first Jeep........:laughing:

As I am just starting to learn more about PP, I have to ask, would this photo be better if you upped the exposure slightly? Could be my aging monitor but it seems like is is great but just a bit dark. Your other photos aren't like that. They are great! Don't get me wrong, this one is too I just think it could be lightened a bit. Would that bring out the noise a bit too much though?

I hope just some of mine turn out that good when I go in Nov.

You pictures are amazing! What kind of camera do you have and how in the world did you do the tea cups one? The castle ones are awesome too!!!

I use a Nikon D70 and the lens I use most is my 18-200VR (best money ever spent) and my 50mm 1:8.

The teacups shot was not my idea. I got the idea from a guy on this forum.

The shot was made with a tripod and various f-stops, iso's and shutter speeds.

That particular one was at f20, 4s shutter and probably around 200 iso.

Andrew, as far as the exposure I like it that the darkness seems to come from the castle and also that the only time to get this shot is during the MNSCHP due to the lighting in the park for the party.

Fireworks shots were made with tripod and hand held remote. I have learned that on fireworks shots you absolutely can not touch the camera other than for adjustments to settings. The shutter speeds on alot of those shots are between 3 and 8 seconds. I can tell when people bump a tripod leg because it ruins the shot.

Thank you everyone for the compliments. I really appreciate them.

I'd like to look at your gallery but can't get the password. Is this something new or am I just a "dope"? :banana:

Your castle shot is awesome! :woohoo:

Thanks!

:flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter