Quick Service not-to-be-missed?

The sandwiches at Woody's Lunchbox are excellent.
Satuli Canteen had some of the best QS we've had.
Always love the pulled pork nachos at Captain Cooks at the Poly.
We discovered the pulled pork nachos at Capt Cook's on our Dec 2021 trip and loved them! We ended up going back a second time for them.

Noodle bowls at Capt. Cook's at the Polynesian are wonderful! Not sure if they still have them. They also serve the same Tonga Toast as Kona Cafe and it's AMAZING!
Beignets at Port Orleans French Quarter's Scat Cat Cafe are to die for!
Any Spring Rolls from the Spring Roll Cart at MK. You won't regret it.
Satuli Canteen's Blueberry Cheesecake is my favorite QS dessert!
Get anything and everything from Les Halles in Epcot's France Pavilion! Delicious desserts and savory bready goodness. As a CP, I would go and buy a half baguette, and cheese tray, and sit and people watch on my days off (with a pear cider from the UK pavilion of course :) )

Skippable in my opinion: Pecos Bill's (below average Mexican food), Gaston's Tavern (average cinnamon buns), Woody's Lunch Box (decent food but nothing to write home about), Mexico Pavilion QS (average tacos and churros), the Mara (decent for QS but nothing special, i'm not a fan of the zebra domes), Port Orleans Riverside's QS (Skip their burgers, no bueno).

I love the breakfast bowl at Woody's Lunchbox in HS. They also make a good grilled cheese.
We really like Primo Piatto at Riviera and will usually take a skyliner ride over there for at least one meal.
Another vote for the bison burger at Geyser Point at WL. I resisted trying it for so long, and now that I have tried it I'm kicking myself for waiting to long to try it!
Satulii is one of our favorites at AK.
The fruit and nutella waffle at Sleepy Hollow in MK is a favorite of ours too. Oddly, I really like the hot dogs at the Liberty Square market.

We discovered the pulled pork nachos at Capt Cook's on our Dec 2021 trip and loved them! We ended up going back a second time for them.
The breakfast burrito at Capt Cooks is something I really like. We tried the Tonga Toast once and it was ok. We split it between two of us. I wouldn't have been able to eat the whole thing by myself.

Oh, Spice Road Table is possibly the most underrated restaurant in all of WDW. I love that place so much, and no reservations makes it an easy last-minute choice.
What do you recommend at Spice Table Road. That's one of those places that, whenever I go by it, I say "We really ought to try that sometime".
My favorites have already been mentioned-Sa'tuli Canteen in Animal Kingdom, and Mara at AKL. I especially recommend the Butternut Squash Soup and Nyala Brownie. Warning-you really need to love chocolate for the brownie.

Skippable in my opinion: Pecos Bill's (below average Mexican food),
I completely agree BUT it works in a pinch! One of my favorite memories from our January trip was H and I doing a whirlwind evening in MK. We were at AK earlier in the day and while we were there I was stacking MK LLs. We got there and were flying through our LLs, and mobile ordered Pecos Bills. We grabbed those on our way from Jungle Cruise to Main Street for Fireworks. We ate on our way to Main Street, hit Main Street at 7:55 for 8 pm fireworks, then rolled out right at the end to grab the bus to Beach Club so we could walk to Epcot. Our original idea was to get there and do Harmonious, but we ended up with a Beaches & Cream reservation so we had ice cream with family instead.

But those nachos? They did the job, but wow they weren't great! Reminded me of high school cafeteria food!

Sadly, I totally agree with all the comments on the decline of Pecos Bill's. I used to rave about the Southwest Salad in my trip reports so much that my friends would laugh at me! But I've tried it a couple times post-covid and it's literally disgusting. I think I even posted a picture of it wondering why the chicken is grey. It is seriously so gross that I think I'm giving up completely on PBs.

Because of this, I honestly can't recommend any QS in the MK...Cosmic Rays is disgusting, I don't eat hotdogs (but I wish I did because they seem like the best QS of all). I do LOVE the Sleepy Hollow waffles for breakfast, but I can't think of a single other QS place I'd want for lunch. That being said, my go-to lunch would have been The Plaza which is a TS with QS pricing...but they've even messed that up too with the new menu changes :crazy2: I think your best bet is to walk to The CR and eat at the Steakhouse 71 lounge, or, as others have stated, boat to WL and eat at Geyser Point.

EPCOT is easy, as I can fully make a meal out of the food booths, or go to Les Halles which is a long standing favorite. I'm also looking forward to trying the new eatery...Connections?

DHS I've made a meal out of a Charcuterie board and Pretzel. We also loved HBD lounge but they have recently removed the amazing burger from the menu so that's kind of off the list now. We've also had decent food at Woody's Lunch Box, but the seating is terrible and you risk having to eat your meal on a trash can.

AK I'd have to go with the masses and say Satuli Canteen. Definitely seems like the healthiest theme park food and I've never had a bad lunch here.

Will be interesting to read this next year to see all that's changed! Happy planning!

What do you recommend at Spice Table Road. That's one of those places that, whenever I go by it, I say "We really ought to try that sometime".
My favorites have already been mentioned-Sa'tuli Canteen in Animal Kingdom, and Mara at AKL. I especially recommend the Butternut Squash Soup and Nyala Brownie. Warning-you really need to love chocolate for the brownie.
Well, I haven't been since it was taken over by Disney so I can't comment on most of the food. But my absolute favorite, hummus fries, is still on the menu, and they're worth a trip on their own (assuming Disney didn't find a way to screw them up like so many other things.)

Skippable in my opinion: Pecos Bill's (below average Mexican food), Gaston's Tavern (average cinnamon buns), Woody's Lunch Box (decent food but nothing to write home about), Mexico Pavilion QS (average tacos and churros), the Mara (decent for QS but nothing special, i'm not a fan of the zebra domes), Port Orleans Riverside's QS (Skip their burgers, no bueno).
See, most people who eat at the Mexico QS get the tacos or nachos (and I enjoy the nachos, but they're just basic nachos, though maybe a step up from other WDW nachos.) But the real winner, the secret delicious menu item that no one seems to ever mention, is the pollo cascabel (AKA arroz con pollo bowl): "Marinated Grilled Chicken, Rice and Corn topped with a spicy Tomato Sauce, Pickled Onions, Queso Fresco, and Cilantro."

It's so tasty. The sauce has a great flavor, the pickled onions add a nice brightness, and I'm a sucker for cilantro and queso fresco. Definitely recommend giving it a try.

If you love lamb, try the skewers at Tangerine Cafe in Epcot. We absolutely love them and went back a few times even during the F&W festival. Satulii is also wonderful.

Quick service-wise, the main thing the parks need is a really good burger. There are a lot of average ones but not a really high quality one that I’m aware of.

Disney Springs has some very good QS choices, including Polite Pig, Blaze Pizza, DLuxe Burger and others.

Epic eats in HS has a absolutely incredible 50th anniversary funnel cake and ice cream thing, just amazing. We all agreed where going over our 1st day specifically for this

Epic eats in HS has a absolutely incredible 50th anniversary funnel cake and ice cream thing, just amazing. We all agreed where going over our 1st day specifically for this
That's funny, we had that and all agreed that we prefer a regular, simple funnel cake without all the extra stuff! We're simple folks, I suppose 😉

We are going in a year and I am getting a feel for where to eat. We haven't been to WDW since before the Covid. I already have most of my table service places chosen. I don't really want to be "married" to my quick service choices, but I DO want to know the best-and-worst so that I don't miss something AND I don't waste my choices. I do enjoy mobile ordering, but am fine standing in line if needed. Do you have any places (food-carts, quick-service) that you ALWAYS go to? Why? Anywhere that is totally skippable?

(our plan per day for 2 grown-ups: 1 snack, 1 quick service, 1 table service and a refillable popcorn bucket for daily popcorns)

Satu'li !!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter