Quick Service Mobile Order Timing

When we were at WDW for spring break (the first week of April), we went ahead and ordered our lunch pretty early in the morning since we knew we wanted to eat at popular spots like Woody's and Satu'li. When we were heading toward the restaurant, we went ahead and hit the "I'm here" button because it then took about 10 more minutes before we got the notification to pick it up.

When we were at WDW for spring break (the first week of April), we went ahead and ordered our lunch pretty early in the morning since we knew we wanted to eat at popular spots like Woody's and Satu'li. When we were heading toward the restaurant, we went ahead and hit the "I'm here" button because it then took about 10 more minutes before we got the notification to pick it up.

I was wondering about that. How long does it take on average for them to make something when you click “I’m here”. I wouldn’t want to hit I’m here and wait a half hour LOL. I would rather hit “I’m here” walking over to the restaurant so I don’t wait long for my food.

I was wondering about that. How long does it take on average for them to make something when you click “I’m here”. I wouldn’t want to hit I’m here and wait a half hour LOL. I would rather hit “I’m here” walking over to the restaurant so I don’t wait long for my food.
In my experience about 10-15 minutes.

It really depends on how busy the restaurant is. At the Pop Food Court, if we hit "I'm here" when we were walking out of our room toward the food court, we got our notification that it was ready before we even got there. At Satu'li, it was probably about 15-20 minutes before we got the notification. I would say if you are about 10 minutes away, you will be fine to hit the "I'm here" button.

We just returned home yesterday and we were worried about the same thing. However, the only place we had an issue was Satuli. However, it was only maybe an hour out? Nothing too crazy. Every other restaurant we could get a time close to when we wanted. The one time I couldn't I just refreshed and then I did!

I think for most part all mobile ordering spots are between Now and 15mins.

Woody’s lunchbox and Satu’s can be 1hr or so out from order If you are at peak times.

Tip: you can go on app now and click mobile order to see what availability looks like at some of the restaurants your considering ordering at.

Back in February available order times varied greatly among locations. Woody’s Lunchbox usually filled up the fastest. We are returning in October, has anyone heard if in person ordering is returning soon. Biggest complaint against mobile ordering was at many locations where you had to wait for your order to be ready was so far from the pick up counter, by the time you got your food and got to a table it was cold.

Biggest complaint against mobile ordering was at many locations where you had to wait for your order to be ready was so far from the pick up counter, by the time you got your food and got to a table it was cold.
Where?? We mobile ordered from multiple locations in every park and never had that problem.

Where?? We mobile ordered from multiple locations in every park and never had that problem.
Pecos Bills was probably the worst. Also ran into it Satuli & Regal Eagle. Maybe we just had bad luck, the person ahead of us in the pick up line always seemed to be playing 20 questions with the cast member while our order sat on the counter.

Pecos Bills was probably the worst. Also ran into it Satuli & Regal Eagle. Maybe we just had bad luck, the person ahead of us in the pick up line always seemed to be playing 20 questions with the cast member while our order sat on the counter.
Oh wow that’s a bummer. We didn’t have that issue anywhere, just walked up and grabbed our food as soon as we got the text.

Biggest complaint against mobile ordering was at many locations where you had to wait for your order to be ready was so far from the pick up counter, by the time you got your food and got to a table it was cold.

have experienced the same issues here. I hate the mobile ordering. I would get the app alert and go inside to pickup the food but now there is another line to wait. And cast members are helping multiple lines so by the time I’d have our trays and get a table we are eating cold food. You can see trays and trays of orders on the counter, so it seems your order is sitting on the counter for 10 minutes before they even send you the alert.

When I went in March, crowds weren't quite as bad as they are now, but bigger attractions would have queues around 60 to 80 minutes.

Most of my mobile orders I was able to select a time slot 10 minutes in advance. I think the longest I had to wait was 30 minutes around lunch time. The point of what Ryno was saying is that sometimes the mobile order spots fill up in advance, so you can't always get your food immediately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter