Quick Service Mobile Order Timing

Gary Stocker

DIS Veteran
Good Day, all.

On the latest DIS update Ryno and the team mentioned the requirement now to mobile order your quick service hours in advance.

Since this is new to me and presumably everyone else returning after a year+ quarantine can someone elaborate?

For example are folks finding this consistent across property?

For example if I wanted Captain Cooks meatballs when leaving the MK should I start my order at 10a or so for a 12:30pm expected meal?

Are there more in-demand places like Woodys Lunch Box that I should enter my Mobile Order when I enter the park?

What about Satuuli or Flame Tree?

I would hate to get caught in the park with little or no options since I didn't ADR my mobile order in the AM.

Any thoughts or tips on this?

Thanks!

Gary

How early you “have” to order to get the pickup time you want will vary on how crowded it is that day. So we usually do our mobile order as soon as we can decide where and when we want to eat. Sometimes we have lots of pickup times to choose from, sometimes we don’t. We don’t see any reason to wait, because they don’t actually start preparing your food until you tell them “I’m here, prepare my order,” so ordering at 10 for a 12:30 meal doesn’t make any difference in the preparation time, but it can make the difference between being able to eat at 12:30 vs. 1:30.

How early you “have” to order to get the pickup time you want will vary on how crowded it is that day. So we usually do our mobile order as soon as we can decide where and when we want to eat. Sometimes we have lots of pickup times to choose from, sometimes we don’t. We don’t see any reason to wait, because they don’t actually start preparing your food until you tell them “I’m here, prepare my order,” so ordering at 10 for a 12:30 meal doesn’t make any difference in the preparation time, but it can make the difference between being able to eat at 12:30 vs. 1:30.
Thanks! Good to know!

Good questions that I've been wondering about myself.

How is the seating situation at QS? Is it difficult to find a table?

Good questions that I've been wondering about myself.

How is the seating situation at QS? Is it difficult to find a table?
It’s not usually hard to find a table. They won’t even let you inside the seating area until your order is ready. You have to show it on your phone to the cast member at the door. So we had no trouble finding available tables.

I had warned my children that they may need to decide on their meal early for QS but we never experienced any timing delays. We ordered from Sleep Hollow a couple of times and our window opened about 10 minutes after ordering, we ordered from Satuuli with no issue and our resort QS locations again with no delays. The only problem we ran into was we had some guests for dinner one night and it took us soo long to have everyone put in their order that the window closed and we had to start all over again. It would have been nice for the app to allow us to move the window as opposed to completely wiping out our order and having to start from scratch.

We were there two weeks ago. Never had a problem at all anywhere in getting a "booking" time at any QS restaurant, and we ordered within the hour we wished to eat every time. There was no need at all to order hours in advance.

We are here now and only once have we had an issue with not being able to get a time window immediately or within 30 minutes. I was nervous pre-trip because I’d read the same things about needing to order so far ahead. We have had good luck ordering when we’re in line for a time 30 min out or so, so by the time we’re off a ride we just head to our order location and usually have our food within five minutes of arrival. It’s the one thing that’s gone right this trip, LOL!!!
Have a great trip!!

We are here now and only once have we had an issue with not being able to get a time window immediately or within 30 minutes. I was nervous pre-trip because I’d read the same things about needing to order so far ahead. We have had good luck ordering when we’re in line for a time 30 min out or so, so by the time we’re off a ride we just head to our order location and usually have our food within five minutes of arrival. It’s the one thing that’s gone right this trip, LOL!!!
Have a great trip!!
Enjoy your time and thanks! Hope the lines aren't too crazy. I saw a video for rope drop from Epcot yesterday and it looked "uncomfortable".

We’ve been to DHS and MK so far. Wait times are a little inflated- in our experience so far it’s been ten to twenty minutes faster than posted. Everything has consistently been about 30-40 minutes of actual wait time.
Lines have been frustrating for one reason - they are still stringing them out along walkways instead of just using inside space. Pirates line was ridiculous. We waited 30 min and it felt like five hours, lol!
we are having a good time, it’s just a very different trip than what we’re used to (I’m a planner and good at FP timing. More random walking this time, and not my normal organized touring in a circle). We‘ll get the hang of it probably around the time we leave!!

We’ve been to DHS and MK so far. Wait times are a little inflated- in our experience so far it’s been ten to twenty minutes faster than posted. Everything has consistently been about 30-40 minutes of actual wait time.
Lines have been frustrating for one reason - they are still stringing them out along walkways instead of just using inside space. Pirates line was ridiculous. We waited 30 min and it felt like five hours, lol!
we are having a good time, it’s just a very different trip than what we’re used to (I’m a planner and good at FP timing. More random walking this time, and not my normal organized touring in a circle). We‘ll get the hang of it probably around the time we leave!!
Think maybe you posted on the wrong thread ;)

As far as mobile order, at the vast majority of places you do not need to order hours in advance. The only one I've consistently heard can be an issue is Woody's Lunchbox. Otherwise, we had no issues ordering within 30 minutes or less of when we wanted to eat at all 4 parks.

Think maybe you posted on the wrong thread ;)

As far as mobile order, at the vast majority of places you do not need to order hours in advance. The only one I've consistently heard can be an issue is Woody's Lunchbox. Otherwise, we had no issues ordering within 30 minutes or less of when we wanted to eat at all 4 parks.
I was actually replying to OP who had commented on my previous post on our mobile ordering experience. On my phone it just posted a general reply to the overall thread.

This is exactly what we observed in early May. Looking at Woody's Lunchbox around 1100-1130 for example, would allow pick up times no earlier than 1500-1530. And if they are full on mobile, you will not be able to bypass and go in to order from the counter.

Never have we ordered much in advance (but we never eat at Woody's - that's the only one I've heard gets super backed up). I typically order ~30 minutes in advance so we have time to stop at the restroom, walk to the restaurant, and hit "I'm here."

We stayed at Poly recently and ordered from Captain Cooks multiple times and our food was ready within 15 minutes of ordering. You could also go inside and order from a CM at Captain Cooks if you wanted.

Never have we ordered much in advance (but we never eat at Woody's - that's the only one I've heard gets super backed up). I typically order ~30 minutes in advance so we have time to stop at the restroom, walk to the restaurant, and hit "I'm here."

We stayed at Poly recently and ordered from Captain Cooks multiple times and our food was ready within 15 minutes of ordering. You could also go inside and order from a CM at Captain Cooks if you wanted.
When we stayed there last year honestly ate those meatballs every day. It's a perfect match with that coconut rice.

When we stayed there last year honestly ate those meatballs every day. It's a perfect match with that coconut rice.

Between those meatballs and the nachos, we didn't see any need to eat anywhere else! It's slightly embarrassing how many times we ordered those two things...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter