Quick service dining plan

Candycane83

DIS Veteran
my family and I are planning a trip in July 2-6. I was looking at the Quick Service dining plan to see if we can save some money in using this. We do plan to go to Leaky Cauldron and maybe Three Broomsticks too for lunch/ dinner... what is the drink option you can get with your meal? Regular drinks only and not the Harry Potter labelled ones? (Ie no butter beer or pumpkin juice?) I also saw a list of snack locations but is there a list somewhere that will tell you what you can and cannot get? Is the coke freestyle with the quick service plan a better value? My DH does like drinking pop but not sure he would actually drink that much in a day. The difference between the regular quick service plan and the one with the freestyle cup is $6.

I know I’m overthinking this... TiA!

It really won’t save much money. I’d just pay as you go. You’ll have more flexibility like if you just want to split a meal. Portions safe large and appetites might be low in the heat. If you like it for a budgeting purpose- aka you want to have the bill already paid ahead of time- just buy some gift cards. They can be spent on anything. :)

Resurrecting this older thread since OP asked the question I can’t find the answer to: With the QS Dining plan can you get a Harry Potter themed drink as your included beverage with your meal? A Fishy Green Ale or Otters Fizzy Orange Juice at $5.49 would be an excellent value if it’s included with your meal and even more so if it’s also included as my beverage option later in the day. Can anyone confirm whether or not this is included?

Those drinks are not included with the meal plan, I think you can get a pear cider or something along those lines with your meal as a drink. It is horrible to me.

You can get a butterbeer with a snack credit.

You honestly maxing the thing out will maybe save a few dollars but if you are going to be the one to keep up with the dining cards, they can be a pain in the butt.

I stopped getting them for those very reasons. I would rather just pay as I go for what I really want and that is often not the most expensive option so any savings I would have seen from buying it go down drastically.

You do not have to buy it ahead of time. In fact, you can buy it at the register when you make your order and not everyone in your group has to have it.

Wait... What? :listen: That’s great! But why one and not the other? Same cost :confused3

Haha I know. I knew beforehand that I’d save a couple bucks based on what I had planned to order so I asked to purchase. She asked what drink I wanted and I asked if fishy green ale was included and she said no but then listed orange fizzy as one of them so we went with that.

Haha I know. I knew beforehand that I’d save a couple bucks based on what I had planned to order so I asked to purchase. She asked what drink I wanted and I asked if fishy green ale was included and she said no but then listed orange fizzy as one of them so we went with that.
Interesting. My trip isn’t until October, but most likely I’ll buy the QS DP at the register if they confirm I can get the orange fizzy drink with it. That’s certainly worth it. I’ll likely just get it for one day on HP food/drinks because I can see the slight savings there. Sort of like a food scavenger hunt for the most bang for my buck! Not really, but it’s fun to try all the fun unusual offerings. :)

Interesting. My trip isn’t until October, but most likely I’ll buy the QS DP at the register if they confirm I can get the orange fizzy drink with it. That’s certainly worth it. I’ll likely just get it for one day on HP food/drinks because I can see the slight savings there. Sort of like a food scavenger hunt for the most bang for my buck! Not really, but it’s fun to try all the fun unusual offerings. :)

Thinking back now it might have been pumpkin fizz which was really good.

Thinking back now it might have been pumpkin fizz which was really good.

Pumpkin fizz is lovely.....

And doesn't get a lot of mentions on here.....we enjoy sharing a glass between us as it`s quite sweet......but strangely refreshing at the same time.....

We were able to get butterbeer with our meal - DH got the butterbeer and I got the Pear one - our first trip so we got things we could share and try.

Funny enough - I prefered the butterbeet and DH liked the Pear one -

We were able to get Butterbeer back in December with our meal plan also, it was just a smaller cup than when you get it by itself. It was plenty enough for a meal

For those who have purchased the meal plan at the register, is it the same price as buying in advance?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter