Quick service - best bang for your buck?

Kate_45

Mouseketeer
We are going to wdw next year and have a voucher for food that we would like to go as far as possible. Last time we had QS dining plan so didn't look at the prices of the yummy combos etc.

So which meals are best to order if you want to share? Which kids meals work well for adults? Which tends to be better value/more food: kids sharing an adult meal or having a kids meal each?

Thanks in advance.

We are going to wdw next year and have a voucher for food that we would like to go as far as possible. Last time we had QS dining plan so didn't look at the prices of the yummy combos etc.

So which meals are best to order if you want to share? Which kids meals work well for adults? Which tends to be better value/more food: kids sharing an adult meal or having a kids meal each?

Thanks in advance.
We were there in April- I found the MK Pecos Bill's kids meal rice and bean bowl to be enough food for my lunch- I asked for a free cup of ice water then threw the little Dasani water bottle and bag of apple slices in my bag for later.

The Wookie Cookie at HS Backlot Express is a very shareable treat.

Last edited:
DS (adult) and I often get the Kid's Hot Dog Meal at Satu'li Canteen in AK.

All-Beef Hot Dog wrapped in a Parker House Dough served with Vegetable Chips and a Cuties® Mandarin with Small DASANI® Bottled Water or Lowfat Milk.

We get the bottle of water to take with us and ask for cups of water. We've always gotten small bags of grapes not orange, maybe that changes with supplies. The Hot Dogs are large and the veggie chips are homemade potato chips. Very filling for 7.29.

I would also say two people can share one of the adult Bowls there as well.

I know most complain about Pizze Rizzo in DHS but there is always a table, air conditioning and inside bathrooms. DS and I split a pizza as it comes with caesar salad side. I eat the salad and one slice, he eats the other three slices. We get cups of water. Filling but leaves room for a snack later.

We have found lately that the Chicken Nugget meals come with plenty of nuggets (8 I think) and fries. DS and I easily split one of those, it's a heavy meal. It fills us up, and again, room later for a snack.

Last edited:
We like pizza rizzo too. Regal Eagle at Epcot had good, filling sandwiches. There have been comments about portion sizes getting smaller the last few months so sharing might not always work.

Best kids meal in all of WDW is the kids salmon at sunshine seasons. The salmon is grilled and seasoned so good with herbs. It comes with 1 side , a cookie, and a drink but you can sub the cookie for another side (I get mashed potatoes and green beans). The mashed potatoes are REALLY good.

Pizzafari at animal kingdom is said to be bottom of the barrel so I tried it and let me tell you, the cheese pizza was suprisingly good, in fact, the pizza sauce on it tasted AMAZING. HOWEVER, the best quick service pizza I had was at Saratoga Springs, the Artists Pallete. Scratch made, wood fired, fresh, oh mama. (These weren’t kids meals though).

The new connections cafe in Epcot has some great kids options too. I got the kids cheese pizza and it came with 2 sides. The amazing part is that the 2 sides are the SAME SIZE AS THE ADULT SIDES. I had a nice bowl of fries with it (and salad).

Thanks everyone! Really great help. Am definitely going to be trying the kids salmon and the connections cafe.

@HopperFan Is the kids hot dog at Satu'li bigger than normal kids hot dogs or are the kids hot dogs generally pretty big?

Also everyone how do the kids and adult burgers compare in terms of size? Is it better value to get my kids to share an adult one or to get them a kids meal each?
Thanks

Thanks everyone! Really great help. Am definitely going to be trying the kids salmon and the connections cafe.

@HopperFan Is the kids hot dog at Satu'li bigger than normal kids hot dogs or are the kids hot dogs generally pretty big?

Also everyone how do the kids and adult burgers compare in terms of size? Is it better value to get my kids to share an adult one or to get them a kids meal each?
Thanks
Large hot dog, very much adult sized wrapped in sweet bread.

https://www.delish.com/restaurants/a54443/disney-teylu-dog-pandora-avatar-video/

Best kids meal in all of WDW is the kids salmon at sunshine seasons. The salmon is grilled and seasoned so good with herbs. It comes with 1 side , a cookie, and a drink but you can sub the cookie for another side (I get mashed potatoes and green beans). The mashed potatoes are REALLY good.

Pizzafari at animal kingdom is said to be bottom of the barrel so I tried it and let me tell you, the cheese pizza was suprisingly good, in fact, the pizza sauce on it tasted AMAZING. HOWEVER, the best quick service pizza I had was at Saratoga Springs, the Artists Pallete. Scratch made, wood fired, fresh, oh mama. (These weren’t kids meals though).

The new connections cafe in Epcot has some great kids options too. I got the kids cheese pizza and it came with 2 sides. The amazing part is that the 2 sides are the SAME SIZE AS THE ADULT SIDES. I had a nice bowl of fries with it (and salad).
It sounds like you've had the kids salmon yourself. If so, I definitely want to try it. I prefer to order kids size meals, but my biggest complaint is that most places have the same old chicken nuggets, hamburger, or pizza (which is OK, but not all the time!) Salmon sounds like a welcome change.

Another thing I can't remember - when you buy a soft drink with a meal in a QS restaurant in the park does it include refills?
Thanks

@Kate_45

RARELY :(

AK - Sat'uli Canteen and I think Restaurantasaurus
DHS - Backlot Express
MK - used to at BOG but QS is gone now
EPCOT - used to at Electric Umbrella, not sure of new one
- Sunshine Season you can but you walk back past cashier ... weird set up

EDIT: Found today the Regal Eagle in America EPCOT is self serve.n

Maybe folks can think of others.

Last edited:
I find the sandwiches can be shared easily. Sadly they've stopped selling the tuna sandwich at Columbia Harbour house, but at OKW one tuna sandwich feeds two of us without feeling deprived. Also the foot long hot dogs can be cut in two, and with the fries shared as well, it's satifying plus it leaves room for a sweet treat.

Last edited:
As far as the kids sharing or getting their own. It would depend on their appetite. I think they would be better off sharing an adult meal price wise then buying two kids meals. Also, remember you don't have to get meals. You can get any meal without the side or drink for a little less, I'm not sure how much less but I think it might be $1 less if you don't get the side. I don't drink soft drinks so I never get an adult meal if I'm eating QS. I always either get a kid's meal or just a side or just an entre.

Another good bang for your buck is the fried rice at Yak and Yeti QS at AK. It's not in a meal, just a side but it's not expensive and more than I can eat in a meal.

The Kid's meal at Columbia Harbor House is pretty big or the Trio Combo adult meal could easily be shared.

The Kid's meal at Regal Eagle is pretty big.

The Lotus Blossom at China at Epcot has decent kid's meals and the adult meals could be shared.

There is a 3 taco dish at the Mexican QS that could be shared and kid's meals there are pretty good.

The fish and chips at Yorkshire County Fish Shop in GB in Epcot is easily shared

There are a number of meals at Sunshine Seasons that could be shared.

Flame Tree BBQ at AK has a few meals that could be shared and a couple of kid's meals that are pretty good.

The adult bowls at Satu'li Canteen at AK can be shared and the kids meals are good.

ABC Commissary at HS has a number of meals that be shared and there are options for the kid's meals.

I would suggest you look at the menus. AllEars has them all and have some videos where they eat everything in certain lands that will show you what the meals look like. So far they have done MK, some of AK and some of HS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter