Quick Service and Mobile Ordering

Camshell

Mouseketeer
We are going in May 2022. Just wondering if we want to eat quick service are there still lots of check outs open for walk up ordering or is most everything mobile ordering? How long in advance do you need to mobile order? Is it a smooth process? Any good tips to get quick service meals?

Between now and May it's hard to say what it will be like, so much can change with staffing and supply issues, a lot can happen. The next big test of things will be Spring Break in April. I don't see Disney going away from mobile ordering, but hopefully the deal of ordering in the morning for a set time in the afternoon will end and they will have enough staff to keep up with the current on demand ordering.

We are there now and have not experienced that but we eat breakfast around 7 am and lunch around 11 or 11:30. The days we did mobile for breakfast at CBR were quick. We would put an order while in the room and would hit I am here and usually would get the message on our way or within a few minutes of arriving at the food court that it was ready. For lunches the time given was very quick as well.

We just got back from our trip. Granted, not there now (it looks pretty crazy), but it was reasonably busy on some of our days. QS was never more than 20 minutes out for mobile ordering for us, anywhere we looked. We tended to look around 1, so I can't speak to the busiest of lunch times. Did QS dinner once as well, same thing. No complaints here. I would be worried if I were there now tho, woosh!

A side note, the Sunshine place in the land in EPCOT is no longer mobile order. All of the stations are open, get what you want and check out at a register like pre-covid. That was refreshing. I always loved the variety there, so we were grateful to have it back!

We just got back from our trip. Granted, not there now (it looks pretty crazy), but it was reasonably busy on some of our days. QS was never more than 20 minutes out for mobile ordering for us, anywhere we looked. We tended to look around 1, so I can't speak to the busiest of lunch times. Did QS dinner once as well, same thing. No complaints here. I would be worried if I were there now tho, woosh!

A side note, the Sunshine place in the land in EPCOT is no longer mobile order. All of the stations are open, get what you want and check out at a register like pre-covid. That was refreshing. I always loved the variety there, so we were grateful to have it back!

Are there still a number of non-mobile options around, or is almost everything mobile ordering?

Some of the QS will let you walk up and order, but they really push you to use the mobile order.
I really like the mobile order option. We put in our order for lunch while waiting in an attraction line and pick the time we want.
They don't let people in until your order is ready, so finding a place to sit, usually is not difficult.

Are there still a number of non-mobile options around, or is almost everything mobile ordering?

Most QS was mobile order. However, most did have a register open for skipping mobile order. It definitely appeared to be a longer wait for that, as the line could get quite long. Whereas for the most part we would just mobile order as we were headed that way, and click 'I'm here' when we arrived, and be seated in 10 ish minutes. If you're snacking your way around an EPCOT festival (highly recommended!), the booths are not mobile order.

My neighbor just got back from their family trip. she and her daughter were at CHH her daughter used mobile and she didn’t. her daughter pressed “here” as her mom waited in the regular line. Mom got her food just a bit faster than her daughter.

So currently you need to order in the morning for lunch? Yikes.

Went July 4th week and first week of November - we never experienced this. We ordered when we were hungry and were able to book the window we were already in. Def not something I'd worry about - even though I did about our last trip. If you do then take cash, you can't mobile order with cash so they will let you walk in and order. I had cash but found there was no problem so went ahead and mobile ordered. We found that the walk up cash ... there was only 1 register for walk up orders each time we went in.

On a side note, both trips we also went to Universal who offers both options. NIGHTMARE there. Even with mobile you waited 20-30 minutes for your food. The non-mobile lines looked like ride queues.

So currently you need to order in the morning for lunch? Yikes.

In the beginning there were major issues and especially during busier times. I watched over Thanksgiving break and didn't see anything too crazy. Just checked now as its lunch time, and the only thing not available right now within a 20 minute window is Woody's lunchbox which is out to 1:45 for next ordering window. I think they worked out most of the kinks/issues they were experiencing in the beginning.

some of those issues were back a year ago, where due to COVID protocols they weren't allowing CS dining indoors. It's gotten better since then, for the most part

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter