Quick Reviews, 10 day June trip

mster425

DIS Veteran
Day 1:
Chef Mickey! Noon reservation. Man is the banana bread French toast here good. Is it the same as the one at Olivia's? Food great, service great, character interaction as good as it gets w Covid. We went back a second time and the construction noise was loud. It didn't bother me, but may have if it was there on our first visit. Also, the character meals are much shorter- they get through all of the characters plus their parade in 45 minutes. Which is fine. In the old days I honestly hated being at CP at the 100 minute mark, plates cleared, waiting for Eeyore. So this is good. They gave us all the bacon my kids could eat, which is a lot, and extras of anything else we asked for.

Sanaa: First time with bread service. Love. I got the butter chicken and it was good, but DH and I both said we would just do bread service and dessert next time. FWIW DS said they have the best Mac and cheese he's ever had.

Day 2: Yak and Yeti- tuna nachos were great. The waiting area for this place always seems so stressful. We are Landry members are found it worth it just to be seated a little sooner.

Dinner we did QS at Riviera. The kids did pasta. DD only eats butter noodles and I liked that you could mobile order noodles here to be without sauce. It's the little things. We ate the Gelato from the cart by the pool and it was really good.

Day 3:
Be Our Guest- so I've never done table service here and had relatively low expectations with recent reviews. I had the scallops and French onion soup, all good. DS had the kids steak, which was really good and DD said the kids grilled chicken was delicious. For dessert they had the kids paint their own dessert trio which was really cute. I definitely think this is worth doing once, but the bill was painful.

Day 4: Garden Grill. We were pleasantly surprised by the food here! I asked for all sauces (gravy, chimichurri, etc) on the side because picky kids. It was no problem whatsoever and all of us ate. DS thought Mickey's special mac and cheese with the goldfish was hilarious. The character interaction here was a letdown- we were seated under either a bev refill station or a service station but there was a very small area above our table for the characters to get to, so most just waved from really far back. If you are seated there and want to see characters I'd ask to be moved.
Bad table:
20210623_190047.jpg
Mobile order to go at Trattoria. I had the lasagna, DH had the swordfish- both so, so good. The kids had buttered noodles and pizza and ate them. I would do this again for sure! It took a while to prepare after I clicked "I'm here"

Last edited:
Day 5: Topolinos breakfast! I was skeptical that this was a good value. I was wrong. We ended up scheduling another meal here later in the trip bc it was delicious and almost worth the cost. Dh and I both ordered the steak- you guys, it's good, even for non-Disney. He also got a quiche and I got the waffles. We also had a fruit plate for the table. It was encouraged to order as much as you want (our server said "I recommend the quiche with a side of the waffles") so it's not like bending the rules or anything. We also had a pitcher of POG juice and coffee. The kids ate their weight in chocolate chip muffins, Nutella, and mickey waffles. The character interaction was similar to CM, but I think CM was more personal and they interacted with the tables more. JME.

In the afternoon we had a reservation at Ogas. You guys, this was such a bust. My kids were like.....we have to stand? DS said he didn't want special juice he just wanted powerade. I debated just leaving the kids outside lol but ultimately we just left. Cool looking place, I'm sure the drinks would have been great.

Did you have a reservation at Yak & Yeti or just use your Landry's membership? That's the one ADR I can't seem to get!

Did you have a reservation at Yak & Yeti or just use your Landry's membership? That's the one ADR I can't seem to get!

I called the restaurant directly a few weeks in advance, said I was a Landrys member and needed a reservation. They had any time I wanted and it couldn't have been more than 3 weeks out. They did ask for my Landrys number and name. Hth!

I called the restaurant directly a few weeks in advance, said I was a Landrys member and needed a reservation. They had any time I wanted and it couldn't have been more than 3 weeks out. They did ask for my Landrys number and name. Hth!

Thank you! I just was able to do the same thing today for a trip in August. I appreciate the tip.

We had that same table at Garden Grill. Fun to have to have everyone lean to one side of the table to get a pic with the characters 😜 Love the reviews!

Thanks for the Landry tip! It appears to be a no brainer to get it when looking at the cost and rewards.

Thanks for the Landry tip! It appears to be a no brainer to get it when looking at the cost and rewards.

We agree and ordered the Landry Card in early July for our October trip. Still haven't received the card despite being charged for it AND an having the online account.

When I tried to request a new card or learn what happened to the original, the CSR couldn't speak with me because I put the card I purchased in my DH's name. I thought we would use the sign-up $ for our October trip and his birthday is during our May trip--no brainer while mine is October and you can't combine offers. If you need to call, it is only the cardholder named that can make requests.

Grrrrrr. . .so far I am not impressed AND I had better get that card soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter