quick questions about YC

contempo618

Earning My Ears
Questions about the Yacht Club

We are considering staying at the Yacht Club resort for a quick visit in the value season. While staying at WDW resorts we have only stayed near the Magic Kingdom and are looking to branch out a bit. A few questions though:

1. Is there a way to walk to epcot from the YC? If not, I see that there are boat rides to epcot. Do those carry a charge or are they like the rest of Disney transportation?

2. Can anyone also recommend their favorite restaurants in the YC/BC/BWI area for any meal/budget? Thanks

3. Also about getting to Animal kingdom. Are the only options bus or personal car?

Thank you. Excited to try the epcot resort area but know little about it! :)

contempo618 said:

We are considering staying at the Yacht Club resort for a quick visit in the value season. While staying at WDW resorts we have only stayed near the Magic Kingdom and are looking to branch out a bit. A few questions though:

1. Is there a way to walk to epcot from the YC? If not, I see that there are boat rides to epcot. Do those carry a charge or are they like the rest of Disney transportation?

2. Can anyone also recommend their favorite restaurants in the YC/BC/BWI area for any meal/budget? Thanks

3. Also about getting to Animal kingdom. Are the only options bus or personal car?

Regarding transport, approx 10 min walk to epcot and 20 min to dhs, or take boat to either if mobility issues (and boat also faster for dhs unless actually running). For ak, yes, either bus or car _ or taxi, if you want to splurge. Regarding restaurants, lots of good options- our top are flying fish and couzzina which are technically at boardwalk, but others love yacht club steakhouse. All are fairly pricy. And the boardwalk pizza counter is also really good, in my opinion, but i know pizza tastes can vary by region.

Regarding transport, approx 10 min walk to epcot and 20 min to dhs, or take boat to either if mobility issues (and boat also faster for dhs unless actually running). For ak, yes, either bus or car _ or taxi, if you want to splurge. Regarding restaurants, lots of good options- our top are flying fish and couzzina which are technically at boardwalk, but others love yacht club steakhouse. All are fairly pricy. And the boardwalk pizza counter is also really good, in my opinion, but i know pizza tastes can vary by region.

:welcome: to the DIS!

FYI- the entrance to EPCOT from the Yacht Club is the International Gateway- a walkway that is between France and the UK in the World Showcase. Guests are able to access this entrance when EPCOT is open (that is, you can enter at 9 am even though the World Showcase is not open yet, and you walk through to Future World).

A 10 minute walk is about right.

Lots of restaurants available in the area. There are the ones at Boardwalk mentioned above. There is not a food court, but there is the Marketplace where you can pick up muffins, danish, a breakfast sandwich or breakfast platter in the morning, or soups, sandwiches, flatbreads and other items later in the day. There is Hurricane Hanna's near the pool- sandwiches, burgers, etc. (currently under refurb but should be opening any minute now). Beaches & Cream serves sandwiches, burgers, ice cream. Two sitdown breakfast restaurants (Cape May Cafe- Character, or Captain's Grille- a la carte OR buffet). Sit down restaurants include Cape May Clambake, Captain's Grille and Yachtsman Steakhouse (Signature)

For everything you want to know (and MORE), click on the link in my signature. It will take you to the Yacht & Beach Club FAQ thread. Lots of info and pictures on Page 1.

Thank you both for your replies.

Glad to hear about the International Gateway. I saw it when I was last in epcot and wondered what it was.

I will look into all of the restaurants you recommended- thank you.

And thank you natebenma for the YC/BC thread. That will come in handy.

Yes, like a previous poster mentioned, you can walk to Epcot, entering through the IG. That is where the boat would take you as well. There is no charge for the boat. You can also walk to Hollywood Studios. I found the walk to HS very easy, my brother (who I traveled with on my stay at YC) had a harder time with it. I am very active...I typically run at least 20-25 miles a week. My brother was in an accident a few years ago with a lot of damage to his knees therefore doesn't run or walk long distances and is overweight. He preferred to take the boat. Also, when we went it was September, so he had issues with the humidity. If you do choose to walk to HS, plan on it taking at least 15-20 minutes.

We have been to "Flying Fish" twice and enjoyed it. On my own, while I was waiting for my brother to arrive, I went to Beaches & Cream. Since I was on my own, I just sat at the counter and had no wait--if you want a table be prepared for a long wait. I LOVED the grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup that ordered there. I REALLY want to try the steakhouse at Yacht club called the "Yachtsman"...

3. Also about getting to Animal kingdom. Are the only options bus or personal car? Or taxi. We lucked out on our trip, and as we walked outside to get a taxi, saw the bux to AK was right there waiting! It wasn't a bad ride at all, since it was right there--but I was prepared to take a cab if the wait for the bus was going to be long.

I'm so jealous! Have a wonderful trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter