Quick Question--Rank these Restaurants by Dress Code!

mak007

Earning My Ears
Hello, all!

I started a previous thread about this, but perhaps this way will be more specific so I can get some fast results! I leave on Tuesday for my second (but first complete) trip to Disney World! :yay: The last time I went was nine years ago and we only visited Animal Kingdom. Well, now I'm going with my boyfriend and his family (who go every year). I'm super excited and the last thing I want to worry about is my wardrobe and a dress code--but of course, I'm female and when it comes to packing, this is important!! :rolleyes:

Alright, here are the restaurants we have reservations for:

Jiko's
Prime Time Cafe (Lunch)
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Artist Pointe
Victoria & Albert's
Rose & Crown Pub

I'm just wondering what is appropriate to wear to these places as I've never been to any of them. I know V&A will be the most formal and that Primetime and Rose & Crown are pretty casual, but I am a little unsure of what to wear for Yachtsman, Artist Pointe, and Jiko's.

So if you could rank the restaurants by how "dressed-up" you would get [ties between restaurants are ok] for each, I'd really appreciate it. I'm planning my wardrobe now and if you have any suggestions of what you yourself have worn, I'd really appreciate it. I don't want to be over or under dressed for any of these places, and I have plenty of skirts, shorts, capris, and dresses that would fit a range of venues.

Thank you so much and I look forward to reading your comments! You're sparing me of lot of agony--the agony of "what should I wear?!" :)

and I think of them in the same category, I wear nicer shorts (non cargo for me) or summer weight pants and a polo or button down short. There are t-shorts that are high quality and good enough looking to fit, in my opinion, I just don't usually wear them to one of these.

Would you say that Jiko's is casual or business casual? I.e. Is it better to just wear shorts and maybe a fresh, nice-looking t-shirt or is it more of a casual skirt/capri sort of place (or more)?

Jiko's Business casual (no t-shirts, torn clothing, swimsuits, etc - use common sense)
Prime Time Cafe (Lunch) Park attire - whatever you're already wearing
Yachtsman Steakhouse Business casual (no t-shirts, torn clothing, swimsuits, etc - use common sense)
Artist Pointe Business casual (no t-shirts, torn clothing, swimsuits, etc - use common sense)
Victoria & Albert's DRESS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rose & Crown Pub Park attire - whatever you're already wearing

T shirts are now permitted on the dress code for the signature restaurants (unless they have objectionable sayings or graphics on them). A fresh nice-looking tee shirt should be fine at those places.

This does not apply to Victoria & Alberts. Their dress code is more semi-formal to formal.

Keep the boyfriend :worship: those will be some good eats, enjoy!

T-shirts are allowed at any of the signature restaurants so are shorts and jeans. Disney's Business casual is not your work place business casual. It excludes swimwear, pool type flip-flops, t-shirts with offensive language/graphics, hats for men, and tank tops (think men's tank top undershirts).

Keep the boyfriend :worship:

It is pretty nice of his parents :goodvibes

I think I have my wardrobe all set, folks. I do appreciate the feedback. I have a couple of skirts and a dress for V&A, so I should be alright from the way it sounds. I leave tomorrow at 11:30--I can't wait!! :yay: I've never been to Florida in May, though, so it might be one of the hottest experiences I'll ever have. :eek: Oh, well. I can't wait to see some fireworks and run around the World Showcase like all those little kids in the old Disney ads before movies. It's my turn for some fun! :cloud9:

And I'll be sure to review. I can't guarantee photos (my boyfriend's family may think I'm crazy, even though they primarily go to Disney for the food), but I will be thorough.

:thanks:

So how was the trip would love to hear about your meals!

Would love to hear reviews on Yachtsman! Also, are nice shorts appropriate for Yachtsman (with nice shirt):rotfl: (going in July) or, should I pack slacks?? :rotfl2: Thanks for any input!

As far as Yachtsman Steakhouse went, we were somewhat disappointed in the dress code. :( All of the men in my party wore khakis with nice shirts (short sleeved, button-up). My boyfriend's mom and I both wore skirts. Since the restaurant is right in the hotel, we found that many people were dressed far too casual for this restaurant, in our opinion. I think yes, you could get away with nice shorts and a nice shirt, but personally, I think pants would be more appropriate. It was definitely air conditioned, too [v. cold], so I'd recommend any women in your party bring a lightweight sweater along. Ladies can wear nice capris or a skirt with a nice shirt and feel fine. I wouldn't wear flip flops or tennis shoes here. If I could do it again, I'd wear capris with a nice top and sweater. I feel that what I wore is what should be worn; however, I'm not above feeling comfortable in my own skin! I don't think I deserved to walk in wondering why I wore what I wore, you know? We had a lovely dinner, despite this aspect of it, so no worries. :thumbsup2

But these are my observations and opinions. I had an idea of what the prices were going in, and I based my ensemble off of that and the locale. Knowing that, and walking in and seeing couples in average jeans or cheap tank tops, I felt like it lowered the atmosphere of the restaurant. I bet a lot of people felt foolishly dressed, but weren't about to leave to change. If you want to wear shorts, make sure they are in good condition and that your footwear isn't too casual. Since it's July, I can totally understand why this would be a better option.

I hope you have a good time! The steaks were delicious. I was not particularly fond of the lobster bisque, though. I will post a review at some point... :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter