Quick question for Canadian DVC members

DSNY FN

<font color=darkcoral>DVC is the place for me<br><
Hi everyone just a couple quick questions about your dvc's did you buy resale or direct from Disney? Also does the timeshare store do the financing like Disney does any and all replies would be greatly appreciated

Darren & Lisa
:)

Hi Darren & Lisa,
We bought ours direct from Disney because we didn't know places like the Timeshare Store existed. :)
The payment is put on an Air Miles credit card each month. Don't know about Timeshare Store financing, sorry.
CC

We purchased ours through A Timeshare Broker, who have a very good reputation on the DVC Board. We secured our own financing as they offered none, but depending on what you can get you may find that financing from your local bank may be cheaper than what Disney is offering if you buy straight from the horse's mouth.

- Mike

Thans for your input so far we are just not to sure how to go about it we want to get the best deal possible but not sure if a bank here will doll out 16K for a timeshare and it seems so easy to just go to Disney and say yes here is my info and my down payment so we are just trying to make heads or tales of it before we jump into this

Darren & Lisa

when we bought back in 1991.... we financed through our bank .....since the rates were much better than what disney was offering....

of course our debt load allowed it.....since we did not have a mortgage to worry about

We bought and financed through Disney. At the time they were offering a deal for Canadians - I think it was a lower down payment. We did look at purchasing a resale add-on through the timeshare store, but they are unable to finance for Canadians. Be sure to ask your Vacation Club guide if there is currently any benefit for Canadians before purchasing.

We have found that it seems to look like going through Disney directly is our best option at this time. We want WL villas and can get the points we have a deal on down payment and our first years points as well. So it looks like we will do the Disney direct purchase. Thanks for the help everyone. The only other question I have is those of you who purchased direct from Disney how did you work around the American bank account we are not to sure how we can swing that one.

Darren & Lisa

some banks offer USD accounts....

that way you can exchange here and put USD into it.....and then send a check for USD...

only problem might be if .....disney cannot handle USD checks......has something to do with the coding at the bottom of checks......we have had a problem with a couple of "firms" in the USA which cannot process the cheques....

it might be just another thing you want to check out......

Are you purchasing while on-site at Disney? Our USD accounts here were not acceptable to Disney, so we ended up having to open an account at Sun Trust in Florida. We use the one located just across the road from Downtown Disney, and then write a cheque from our USD account here, mail it to Sun Trust and have our payments withdrawn from there. It is a bit of work, but once you get going it's not too bad. Other alternative is to have payments charged to your credit card, but at the time we purchased, the interest rate Disney offered was higher if you used the credit card option as opposed to direct debit. Incidentally, I did try to open an account over the phone with Sun Trust, but was not able to. We had to visit personally to open the account. We purchased in December, but were not planning a visit until March, so we paid our Jan and Feb payments at the same time as our deposit was made then took our new banking information from Sun Trust to the DVC office when we were on vacation.

We have friends in new york state and in Ohio so we could open a US account there I was just wondering what the catch was with being from Canada and trying to open an account there. Wasn't sure if there was anything special we had to do like address and stuff like that let me know ok
Thanks Darren & Lisa

To open a US account you will need picture ID and your usual ID numbers that banks request. We use social security and you use your country's number. The statements and checks will have your home address on them, the only difference will be you writing the check and it coming out of a US bank account already in US funds. You can open an account just over the bridge and then you can make deposits as needed. It is expensive to wire from one country to another. Somedays it is better for you to chenge the money in Canada and others to wait to convert it in the US.
Good luck!!!

Thans for the info we spoke with Disney and they will do a direct debit from our account for the monthly payments so that part of it isn't a problem we just have to get over there to deposit the money. I will have to check with my bank here because I can directly transfer funds from one account to another so I will have to see if it includes an american account in the US. Thanks for all the help everyone it is much appreciated.
Darren & Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter