Quick Minnie Van Observations - 6/30-7/6

GADisneyDad14

Disney Resorts Board
Obviously all moment in time experiences and YMMV, but we had very good success finding/using Minnie Vans at WDW last week. Travels were generally from/to Poly / DHS / BB / Epcot. I don't think we ever had a time where the app couldn't connect with a driver.

We were also at WDW the week after Easter in April and had a terrible time with Minnie Van availability during that trip. We were at AKL and seemed to have the worst luck connecting with a driver.

Not really sure if it was crowd levels, Poly vs AKL, or more Minnie Vans in the fleet (not sure if that's true), probably a combination of all three. Or maybe just luck!

Separately, we continue to be impressed with the drivers and the overall service. We're in the "need a car seat" demographic, so it's a great alternative form of transportation for us.

We used Minnie Van’s a lot last October. A driver told us they had over 125 Minnie Vans but at that time it was only about half out at a time. They also were not open to all resorts then. We are headed back this October and want to use them again I’m glad to hear it’s not harder to get them!

Thanks for the observations @GADisneyDad14 !Headed down in a few weeks and hoping to use these for the first time..in the car seat and booster mode ourselves so Uber and regular lyft for the most part are not options for us.

We got one last week at fort wilderness when a storm hit after Hoop de doo. We were drenched because we didn’t know where the pickup spot was. Map indicated settlement house but it is near the ranch. Anyway the driver was amazing and had been driving since Minnie vans started. She didn’t care that my soaked self was sitting in the passenger seat. She told me I could turn on the seat warmer and it dried my backside completely and the seat was dry when I got out at Pop. My daughter wanted to use them all the time. She loves chatting with the driver who knew all kinds of interesting things about Disney. We didn’t because $25 Plus tip is a lot. We did use regular Lyft a couple times to go to waterparks from Pop. All three rides were pretty quick and the Minnie van waited while we desperately tried to find her in the dark pouring rain. Our Lyft rides to water parks were 6.50-7.72 plus tip. They dropped off right at entrance. We took busses back to resort.

We did it twice. The first time was great, the second time okay, but the third time we tried....the ping went out and we waited and waited and waaaaited. We finally canceled it and called the taxi sitting at the curb and saved ourselves $7.

I think the kicker this past week was they had them full staffed, so all the fleet was out and on the road. In the past, many have been idle, based on my limited conversations with drivers. Hopefully, now that it's available to anyone on property, they'll keep them fully staffed, limit how many are idle at any given moment.

We used the Minnie Van service back in February. On the morning that AK has EMH, we wanted to get there early for Pandora. We called the van at about 7:20 am. It worked great and we got to AK well before it opened. The drop off location was ideal. But, for the price, we will probably only do it occasionally.

We got one last week at fort wilderness when a storm hit after Hoop de doo. We were drenched because we didn’t know where the pickup spot was. Map indicated settlement house but it is near the ranch. Anyway the driver was amazing and had been driving since Minnie vans started. She didn’t care that my soaked self was sitting in the passenger seat. She told me I could turn on the seat warmer and it dried my backside completely and the seat was dry when I got out at Pop. My daughter wanted to use them all the time. She loves chatting with the driver who knew all kinds of interesting things about Disney. We didn’t because $25 Plus tip is a lot. We did use regular Lyft a couple times to go to waterparks from Pop. All three rides were pretty quick and the Minnie van waited while we desperately tried to find her in the dark pouring rain. Our Lyft rides to water parks were 6.50-7.72 plus tip. They dropped off right at entrance. We took busses back to resort.

We want to use a Minnie van to take us to Epcot after the Hoop de Doo show. Is the ranch close to Pioneer Hall?

We want to use one for the TSL AP event. I'm hoping we don't have any issues! We thought the service was fantastic in November.

We used one to get from Yacht Club to Narcoossees in June. As soon as we sent the request we were notified one would arrive in 7 minutes (which was way quicker than we expected and we had to scramble to get downstairs!)

We want to use a Minnie van to take us to Epcot after the Hoop de Doo show. Is the ranch close to Pioneer Hall?

Yes you go out he front door and then go to the right. It is pretty close. We thought they could go back to pioneer hall or the settlement house and found out they can’t. There is a resort bus stop over there and the Minnie van came basically between that and the ranch. I found it in the dark and pouring rain so you should have an easier time. Plus she waited and was super kind helping me find her. I might also add the app dropped my location as the middle of bay lake but she knew where I was anyway. I didn’t notice right away and couldn’t change it when I did. I texted her and eventually called her through the app. I really can’t say how awesome she was.

Yes you go out he front door and then go to the right. It is pretty close. We thought they could go back to pioneer hall or the settlement house and found out they can’t. There is a resort bus stop over there and the Minnie van came basically between that and the ranch. I found it in the dark and pouring rain so you should have an easier time. Plus she waited and was super kind helping me find her. I might also add the app dropped my location as the middle of bay lake but she knew where I was anyway. I didn’t notice right away and couldn’t change it when I did. I texted her and eventually called her through the app. I really can’t say how awesome she was.

Thank you so much for your helpful reply! That day will be my son's birthday, so it should be fun to take the Minnie van.

Thank you so much for your helpful reply! That day will be my son's birthday, so it should be fun to take the Minnie van.

He will enjoy it. My daughter loved it and wanted to do it every day (um no not for that much money but it was a great treat!)

Does anyone know if the Minnie Vans service the hotels in Disney Springs?

~D

if I remember correctly the ranch is a little further walk than the bus depot and not as easily seen. you would get wet walking there if it is raining as it is uncovered walkways

Does anyone know if the Minnie Vans service the hotels in Disney Springs?

~D
Not at this time. Well, not unless you walk TO Disney Springs. Only on Disney owned property. Those hotels are not on Disney property, they are just off it

if I remember correctly the ranch is a little further walk than the bus depot and not as easily seen. you would get wet walking there if it is raining as it is uncovered walkways

Yep you would get wet. I was “took a shower in my clothes” wet. Dripping. The driver even got out in her raincoat and held the passenger door open for me. The seat warmer completely dried my backside. (And the seat was dry too thankfully although the driver assured me she didn’t care if it was wet). It is farther than the bus stop - toward the ranch. I have no idea how we found it in the pouring rain and darkness. Thankfully I had an idea where the ranch was and called the driver to find out where she was exactly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter