Quick key west question

lovetotraveltx

DIS Veteran
We plan to do the on and off trolley in key west. Instead of booking through the ship we are going to pay our selves at the trolley. If you pay at the trolley do you need cash or can you pay by credit card?

Thank you!

We pre-purchased the trolley tickets on-line by cc and saved a few dollars per person that way. [--deleted statement--] We printed out the voucher and then we handed to the bus driver as we left the trolley the first time. (The voucher receipt was our tix to reboard again.) I received an email from the trolley company about an hour after handing it to the driver stating that the voucher had been redeemed. Have a great trip! :goodvibes

We planned to use a card, but when we got to the stand to buy tickets they were having computer problems and were trying to get it fixed up so they could process cards. We handed them cash instead and saved a bunch of time! I'm assuming that's not a routine problem, but we were glad we happened to have cash in hand that day.

We pre-purchased the trolley tickets on-line by cc and saved a few dollars per person that way. Also, the trolley company doesn't charge the cc until the voucher is turned in (in case the ship can't make it into port for any reason.) We printed out the voucher and then we handed to the bus driver as we left the trolley the first time. (The voucher receipt was our tix to reboard again.) I received an email from the trolley company about an hour after handing it to the driver stating that the voucher had been redeemed. Have a great trip! :goodvibes

Thanks!

Which company did you book online and where did you pick it up?

Thanks!

Which company did you book online and where did you pick it up?

We used Old Town Trolleys, evergreen-colored open air trolleys, with 12 hop-on-hop-off stops. The route map is here.

There was a representative for the company standing right at the pier entrance. We were directed to follow the crowd, staying to the right of the Key West Museum of Art & History, then turn left onto Whitehead Street and walk down to Front Street. The trolley started it's route right there, between the Sponge Market, Aquarium, & Shipwreck Museum. One of the stops is near the Hemingway House, MouseGrandma.

To be fair, there looked to be two other similiar type of tours driving around the day we were in port, the Conch Train and Cityview Trolley Tours, but I didn't look to see how they compared. We were very happy with Old Town Trolley though. :goodvibes

Cityview,the silver trolleys. is a new.separate company that won a lawsuit to operate their trolleys in KW. The Conch Train is owned by the Old Town Trolley Company(HTA-Historic Tours of America), the orange/green trolleys:wave2:. The Conch Train doesn't do the on/off stops that the trolley does.

The Trolley was great and we really enjoyed being able to get on/off anywhere we wanted. Those who book through DCL are not able to do that. Also, kids ride free when you purchase your tickets through the company. ;)

We pre-purchased the trolley tickets on-line by cc and saved a few dollars per person that way. Also, the trolley company doesn't charge the cc until the voucher is turned in (in case the ship can't make it into port for any reason.) We printed out the voucher and then we handed to the bus driver as we left the trolley the first time. (The voucher receipt was our tix to reboard again.) I received an email from the trolley company about an hour after handing it to the driver stating that the voucher had been redeemed. Have a great trip! :goodvibes

How did you know this information about not charging until the voucher is turned in? I was going to wait to purchase in case we didn't make it to the port for some reason, but I do like the idea of having the purchase done, and saving a few dollars also! Did you reserve through http://www.trolleytours.com/key-west/?

How did you know this information about not charging until the voucher is turned in? I was going to wait to purchase in case we didn't make it to the port for some reason, but I do like the idea of having the purchase done, and saving a few dollars also! Did you reserve through http://www.trolleytours.com/key-west/?

I'm glad you questioned my comment about cc charges. :) I plead temporarily insanity and apologize for incorrectly stating that. I can't find that noted anywhere on their website (the one you noted) now, but - like you said - I don't think I would have bought the tickets if I hadn't read it... or imagined it :sad2: (as it turns out because the cc statement shows that it was charged before we used the voucher.) I would definitely have waited to purchase them in-port and pay the extra few dollars (esp. since there were several places on the island to purchase them.) Not sure now why I thought otherwise :blush: but thanks for catching my mistake. :thumbsup2 I removed the comment from the earlier post so it wouldn't mislead anyone and I'm going to go practice my on-line surfing right now... :surfweb: ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter