Quick Dining Re-cap from recent trip 4/22-4/27

JasonDVC

DIS Veteran
Here is my quick recap of the Dining Establishments we visited with :thumbsup2 rating system of 1-5 with 5 being the highest score

Cinderella's Royal Table - Lunch - Cast Members were excellent. Very friendly, right on time with re-fills. Everyone enjoyed their meals. I had the Pulled beef over mashed potaoes. It was very good. I especially enjoyed the appetizer dish with the grapes and bologna (I believe) wrapped around antipasto. It was delicious! I had the rice pudding for dessert and it tasted waaaayy better than it looked. The Princesses were on a schedule and rotation. As long as you took your time dining you were able to see each Princess be introduced and stop by the table. I would give this meal :thumbsup2 4 out of 5. It was expensive!

Wolfgang Puck Express - Lunch - Great Value! We had the Margherita Pizza and the Veggie Pizza. The MP was good but the VP was outstanding. I loved that they serve you at a table. We sat outside which was great. Dessert was allright. We had the twist yogurt :thumbsup2 4 out of 5

Mara - Dinner - The food was acceptable but not near great. At first I found the menu board confusing as the first board on the left shows you pictures of the food but doesn't tell you what it is. There was also some confusion as to what comes wth your order if you are on the dining plan. I had the Mara salad and thought it was boring and plain. Then I had the Bacon Double Cheeseburger. It was good but huge. I couldn't fininsh it. The Zebra Domes took some getting used to but in the end I would say they are worth it. They are going to have to add another CS in the AKL/V area as this option may not be up to snuff for some :thumbsup2 3 out of 5

Tusker House - Breakfast - Excellent! Food was fresh, hot and delicious. Servers were terrific, the atmosphere and attention to detail in the building was amazing. It can get loud when Mickey leads the kids in a parade but it is fun! I liked the Jungle Juice. It does not have an after taste and I found it very refreshing :thumbsup2 5 out of 5

Boma - Breakfast - How is this not the best breakfast on property??? The made to order omelets were outstanding. The variety of different African items was good and while I did not like the taste of all of them I did try them and am glad that I did. Servers were perfect as was the ambiance. Everyone should try this breakfast at least once :thumbsup2 6 out of 5 because it was that good!

Flame Tree BBQ - Lunch - Awful!! The only decent thing I can say is that the chocolate pudding was tasty. I tried this place based on some reviews on the boards. What a mistake! The ribs were all fatty, not tasty, the beans looked like they had been sitting there waiting for me since arrival day. The CM taking my order spoke in a short manner which came across as rude. I tried sitting by the water and posters were right, birds were everywhere and some knuckle head came right along side my table and was throwing food at a bird that was behind me. I jumped up threw the rest of my so-called food out and left post haste! :thumbsup2 1 out of 5 For the pudding

1900 Park Fare - Dinner - The food wasn't bad but it wasn't knock your socks off good. Cinderella's step-sisters and Lady Tremaine were better than advertised. Visiting and dining in the Grand Floridian is a treat in itself. :thumbsup2: 4 out of 5 Food was just a notch down

Earl of Sandwich - Lunch - This place was Super Busy!! But the line went by really fast. I thought they really did a great job of moving the people and getting the orders out quickly. I thought we would be there forever based on how many people were in line but it by very quickly. I had the Hawai'ian BBQ sandwich and thought it was delicious. It had chicken, BBQ sauce and pineapple. The Chocolate pudding was OK. One quick reminder, if you order soup, make sure you tell that to the person giving you your food. It happened to me and the person in front of me that they gave us our food and we had to tell her that we had ordered soup. :thumbsup2 4 out of 5

Maybe it wasn't so quick but just wanted to jot down some thoughts of our experiences. I'd be happy to answer any questions! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!