Questions Regarding Traveling on Dining Plan December 1-8th

jm1008

Earning My Ears
My husband and I are trying the dining plan in early December and I have a few questions. Do you feel it is necesary to make an ADR for each night prior to arrival.

Also, most of our previous trips we might have ate one or two counter service meals but usually quick services so making decisions is proving to be quite confusing. ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR MUST EAT THERE. (we have no kids but are open for anything)

Also, we were thinking of trying out the California Grill but some of the posts I have read sound as if the restaurant may not be as nice as it once was. Is it worth the two credits or should we try somewhere else.

Please help! :lovestruc

While it isn't a super busy time we have found that if you don't plan some of the good restaurants - or more popular I guess - you won't be able to make any last minute ADR's for eating there.

So if it is someplace that tends to be popular or you really really know you want to try, be safe and make the ADR's

We always do the candlelight package. We love Le Cellier in Canada and Chef's de France.

We were at WDW last December 11th-19th, and we saw people being turned away at a lot of TS restaurants. Le Cellier, we wanted to move our ADR to a later time, and were told it was completely booked. We made that ADR and saw about 2-3 families that were walkups being turned away. Restaurant Marrakkesh we were able to change our ADR to a later time, but after arriving saw people without ADRs being turned away. And at Concourse Steakhouse one mother was in tears after being told they were not taking any walkups. It seemed that she had tried a number of restaurants prior to Concourse and couldn't get in anywhere for dinner that night. I would make the ADRs, and then cancel them if you change your mind. We are planning on going back Dec 9-16 and I am going to make my ADRs ahead of time.

We were there the first week of December last year and we are going the same week again this year (maybe we will see you there :wave2: ) I would definately make your ADRs as soon as you can. Definatley make them for places like LeCellier and Cindy's as soon as you can. I am currently working on our dining schedule as LeCellier and Cindy's are 2 of our must do's again this year!!!

Thanks for everyone's advice I am definitely going to make ADRS.

Now any more suggestions on where. Any opinion on California Grill?

We enjoy Le Cellier and Teppanyaki in Japan. I enjoyed 'OHana this trip too.
My personal rule of thumb is: If there is a restaurant I want to eat at, or if there is a specific time I want to eat at, I make an ADR. The popularity of the Dining Plan has made all of the TS restaurants more popular than they ever have been. We saw people being turned away from everywhere.
Good Luck and Have Fun planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter