Questions on the DVC member cruise?

ctc917

DIS Veteran
So I was wondering if someone could explain this to me since this is the first year that I'm a DVC member. What is so special about this cruise that it sells out so fast? Do we get special pricing or do most members use their points?

Thanks
ctc917

My friend has gone and she used her points to go on the cruise. She also said she got all kinds of free stuff pins, hats, towels ect....

We went in 2005 (I think...) and it was a great experience. Jennifer Hudson and Jodie Benson both performed. Roy Disney gave a talk in the theatre about his personal experiences with Walt. There were extra activities throughout the cruise. The cruise was a double dip, 2 stops at Castaway Cay. We got so much swag, we had to have it shipped back. Some things are for everyone in the cabin and some things are 2 per cabin. So we ended up with three big Mickey head hat boxes which I think had bags and hats in, and then every night we got limited edition pins that were presented in a nice way. Like one night was celebrating music, so the pin came in a clear acrylic piano. Then on the last night we received (two per cabin), a nice wooden memory box which was maybe about 10x12. That was our first DCL cruise, so it has been hard to match. I'd like to go again, but now that our son is in school, we just can't swing the September date so soon after school starts. I wish they would change it up sometimes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter