questions - Getting on and off the ship and Club hours

mom2dina

Mouseketeer
Hi,
We were wondering if you have to take a small boat to get on and off the ship on islands or we can just walk off the ship to the port.

What are the kids club hours (are they open late at night?) We were thinking of doing some Adult activities at night and were wondering if the kids clubs were open late or we would leave someone with the kids in the room.

Does anyone know if its safe to leave the kids alone in the room at night while they sleep? I don't really feel comfortable doing that - has anyone done this in the past (we are going with my mom who can stay in our room with them if needed as she likes to turn in early we can always sleep in her room that night).

Thank you for your help.

It all depends on the port. Castaway Cay has it's own pier so you won't have to tender in(unless the weather is bad). As far as the other ports,depends on your itinerery,the weather and where you are in line.

We have no kids of our own but I do know that they are open late enough for you to have a dinner at Palo and possibly some other things.

The kids clubs are generally open from 9 am - midnight. They may open earlier if they are in port and excursions are planned earlier than 9 am and will stay open until 1 am if the ship has a movie or another activity that would run later in the evening.

As to tendering, it all depends on your itinerary and when you get to the port. St. Thomas has room for at least 4 ships to dock but usually has 7 or so ships in port at the same time. The others sit in the harbor and tender to shore.

Thanks that is great hours and I will feel much safer leaving them at the club if we decide to "go out" one night.
We are doing the 7 eatern crabian cruise so it sounds like we'll have to take a boat to some of the islands.

We did the seven night eastern carribean cruise and they had piers at each of the stops, no tenders.

It all depends on where you are "in line" with the other ships, first come,first serve. We did the Eastern last year and did not tender in.

Cool! I'll have to report back on this to everyone. There is at 9 of us traveling (so far) and I'm the only one with good cruise info, thanks to you guys and these boards!

Can't wait till Feb 2008!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter