Questions for Our Honeymoon 9/15 - 9/22

Stacy&Aaron

Earning My Ears
Hello! My fiance and I are going to be honeymooning at Disney World and it will be his first time there!!! We did not book a Honeymoon package but my cousin did pick us up some Bride and Groom ears when she last went and I just bid on a Mickey and Minnie Bride and Groom T-shirt on Ebay! I'd love to get us each one of those Mickey and Minnie Bride and Groom pins....does anyone know where I can buy them? I checked Ebay and didn't really see any. I was wondering if anyone knew of an online store to buy them from.

Also, I did make reservations for a character breakfast with the characters that my fiance really wants to see and I also booked dinner reservations at the California Grill during the MK fireworks and mentioned to the reservationist that we will be on our honeymoon. Should I call AKL where we are staying as well just to have it noted that it's our honeymoon since we didn't book a package? Our travel agent said they could not do that for us for some reason. I was thinking maybe I could call and see if they could help me to have something special waiting for us when we arrive to surprise my fiance. Do you think they would help me with suggestions? Do any of you have suggestions?

I want to make sure this trip is extra special because it's our honeymoon and because it is my fiance's first time, so thanks for your input : )

Stacy

We went on our weddingmoon in Feb. and it was my DH's first time too! You will have a blast:D

Our travel agent told us the same thing abou not noting it on our reservation. Just wear your ears when you check in and everywhere; you never know what will happen;) If you wanted to call to ask about suggestions they'd probably be able to help in some way or direct you to Disney floral or somewhere like that. The day of our wedding (and the start of our honeymoon) we returned to our room right after the wedding to find an autographed picture of the Pooh characters in front of the castle telling us congratulations and to have a magical honeymoon. That was a surprise, we didn't request it our anything.

We did note that we were on our honeymoon for all of our reservations. The MK restaurants all had "pixie dust" on the table for us; the characters were really cute (we had our ears on) in the parks and at character breakfasts; they had us recreate Lady and the Tramp's first kiss at Tony's; and at CRT we got a champagne glass. Almost everywhere we went to eat we got a good seat - either by the window or at the Coral Reef by the aquarium.

I know that I saw the bride/groom pins in DTD for sure and they're probably at a lot of the stores in the parks if you can wait until you get there to buy them.

If you can swing it, add-on the Silver Plan. It was perfect for us because we used our wishes for nice, sit-down restaurants that provided a nice break from the parks as well as nice atmosphere. Plus it was paid for before we left so we ordered whatever we wanted and didn't have to worry about money once we were there.

You could also go for the carriage ride that is included in the Romance plan - it's $30 I think and no champagne, but it's a lot cheaper than buying the honeymoon package ;)

Have a great honeymoon!!

Stace & Aaron - first off, congrats! My fiance and I will be arriving in Disney at the AKL on the 21st for our honeymoon!

We booked directly through Disney, so we noted it was our honeymoon on our reservations. (we did NOT book a honeymoon package though - we got in on the Fairy Tale Package because we are going for 12 or 13 days). I've heard that travel agents can't mention it either, which I find odd, but I would just call up the AKL (or CRO) and 'check up' on your room reservation or something. Mention it to them, and I'm sure they'll note it.

I've also heard you can find the bride/groom pins in WDW...and I hope that's right becuase I would love to get them too. I'm going to order our 'ears' today from Disneyland (I'd prefer the bridal headband) so we'll have those ready to go.

Overall - have a GREAT time! How can you not in WDW? :)

Just back from our Disney honeymoon- it was awesome! When you are there tell everyone that it is your honeymoon!! Wear your ears to all of the parks- get the headband if you can. I didn't see the bride and groom pins at too many shops. I know I definitely saw them in DTD, but I don't remember seeing them too many other places. We stayed at AKL- you'll love it!

We were there Aug 4-11 on our honeymoon. We had the ears (I had the headband) and we also bought the pins. We got them at the main pin store at EPCOT! We saw them at a few places. DTD had the groom but not the bride. They also had them at GF, the store that has all the wedding stuff on the first floor. Definately let everyone know. We got so many great extras because of it! I am a TDS cast member it was better not to get a package but when I made all my reservations I let them know we were honeymooning and they made a note of it. It was my husbands first time there too. The beginning of the week we tried to do everything but we got so worn out, so rememember it is your honeymoon, relax, and you will be back! Best of luck!

Amanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter