• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Questions about the Express ticket passes!

IndianaSPEED

Earning My Ears
I have already ordered (2) 2park Unlimited tickets online and we are planning on going from around the 27th or 28 to the 3rd of January. I have been looking into getting the Express tickets for quite sometime after how awful Disney lines were last year. According to my tickets, it states that this unlimited ticket can also be like a Park-hopper. I have found out that Universal offers 2park 1 day Express passes for around $50 or so from the 26th of December to the 31st. On the description it states that the average wait in line for Express passes is around 15 minutes or so. Will this be true when we go? Heck, I wouldn't mind waiting in line for 30 or so minutes instead of waiting for like 2 hours! I'm trying to map out our Christmas Holiday plans early.

Right now I'm thinking about doing this:

December 28th - Hit both parks with the Express passes (one for each ride might as well get the 2 park 1 day EXPRESS passes)

December 30th - Hit Universal Studios Florida.

January 2nd - Hit Islands of Adventure

FINISHED! We can only go to the parks for 3 or 4 days out of the 7!

I have one more question regarding the Express passes:
Can I use the express passes twice on the Dueling Dragons since there are 2 versions? One for each?

Thanks and God Bless.

The one day/two park (combo) express is good for one time use on each ride and show. There is an unlimited VIP express that allows multi-usage but it is much more expensive and includes park admission. Since you already have your park tickets, this probably would not be an option. The only other express that is unlimited is the hotel express that you get for staying onsite or the Premier Annual Pass that includes express after 5:00 PM.

The express you were looking into purchasing has restrictions that say:
"NOTE: Valid for one (1) entry per participating attraction"
http://www.universalorlando.com/tickets/express-pass-plus.html

I am aware that the passes are only good for each ride once which is why the 2park 1 day Express passes are the better deal for my situation.

I am just wondering how long the wait in line will be for the Express pass holders during the busy week? Has anyone gone to USF/IOA during the time I am? How are the lines on the Express and regular lines?

No more then then 15 min at the very most..

We stay on-site and seen the Simpsons wate time of 75 min and we were riding it within 15.Thats a good example of what express passes will do for ya!!!

if the crowds are huge, it could create a longer wait line in the express lane.
i'm assuming the wait won't be under 15 minutes on certain attractions.

the express lanes are used by hotel guests with their hotel card and also the day guests that buy the express pass plus tickets.

since the epp can only be used once, i think a lengthier wait would only be valid for a few of the rides.

i hope to be proven wrong on this.
i don't want you to go to universal and think once you are in the express lane you get into the ride immediately.

the TM allows a number of people in the express line to enter the ride area, then alternates and lets the guests in the regular line in for the ride.
there is that wait period everyone has in line.

Yes, sometimes, even the express line can back up. I see that on MIB and the Simpsons whenver the Fear Factor show lets out. And on the Mummy, when Beetle Juice show lets out. The express line will be significantly less wait time than the regular line but it's not like pizza delivery where it is guaranteed to be 15 minutes or less or your money back. I think you will get a lot of use and save a lot of time during peak season by using express.

Yes, sometimes, even the express line can back up. I see that on MIB and the Simpsons whenver the Fear Factor show lets out. And on the Mummy, when Beetle Juice show lets out. The express line will be significantly less wait time than the regular line but it's not like pizza delivery where it is guaranteed to be 15 minutes or less or your money back. I think you will get a lot of use and save a lot of time during peak season by using express.
::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter