Questions about going Seasonal

mickmom728

Mouseketeer
So what are the "rules" for after you get to be seasonal? I guess I am asking what the time frame is for getting in your shift, how many hours do you have to work, and what are the discounts(tickets, maingate pass, rooms?). Thanks in advance!

After the CP? As soon as your status changes to seasonal you have to fill out your upcoming or ongoing availability on the Hub. If you wanna pick up whenever you want, then you put no availability so you're free to pick up as you please. After you sign up for your first seasonal shift, your leader has to send an e-mail to access control saying you need a seasonal id. You go get your id and you go to work! How often you have to work depends on your location so be sure to ask. The discounts are the same as the CP discounts as far as maingate: 6 uses per calendar year and up to 3 guests per use.

After going seasonal, you have a year to get your hours in before being termed. I've only ever had to work 1 shift a year for costuming, but some of my friends need 40 hours a year. (My manager told me I basically need to clock in & clock out. I can ask for an ER 5 minutes into the shift if I want & still keep my status.)
Definitely check with your managers because I think some training for certain attractions & such is only good for 6 months, not a year, so you'd have to plan to work more often.

Thank you! I am asking for my DS who is just finishing his CP this week....he does have a "spieling" role so I will tell him to get all the facts from his manager. He mentioned that there will be certain time frames or seasons when they want them to do their shifts...is that something new or maybe specific to his Attraction?
Does the Maingate Pass become active after he fulfills a shift (or would it be good when he is done with this CP)? Also since he is technically still working for Disney can he use his ID for entrance to other Disney parks, e.g. Disneyland? (I know the Maingate Pass is only for Florida.)
Does he still get the merchandise and room discounts?

Thank you! I am asking for my DS who is just finishing his CP this week....he does have a "spieling" role so I will tell him to get all the facts from his manager. He mentioned that there will be certain time frames or seasons when they want them to do their shifts...is that something new or maybe specific to his Attraction?
Does the Maingate Pass become active after he fulfills a shift (or would it be good when he is done with this CP)? Also since he is technically still working for Disney can he use his ID for entrance to other Disney parks, e.g. Disneyland? (I know the Maingate Pass is only for Florida.)

All Attractions Cast Members must work once every six months in order to maintain their training proficiencies.

His Main Entrance Pass should remain valid for the rest of this year. It is valid for admission to all Disney Parks worldwide (excluding the theme parks of Tokyo Disney Resort in Japan). As a Florida-Site Cast Member, his company ID card is only valid for admission to the theme parks of the Walt Disney World Resort. He also remains entitled to all the standard discounts available to all Cast Members.

If you have a Disney Store near your house, he gets a discount there with his CM ID. It always throws off the people at the one by my house cuz they don't get many WDW IDs in Wisconsin.

I was a CP at a spieling attraction as well. A few months after going home, the OGs were changed and they cut ALL of the seasonal at my attraction, with no opportunity to be retrained. This was dozens of seasonal CPs plus 50 or so seasonal locals. Very frustrating when we expected to keep our "benefits" (park entry + discounts) by doing our hours, just to be cut off completely.

Just a friendly heads up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter