Questions about 9 a.m. opening

basketballmom

Living in the Happiest Place in Texas!
I've searched for these answers, but can't find them. I have only been to DL in summer with 8:00 opening.
Do they ALWAYS do a rope drop and open main street 30 mins. early if the park opens at 9:00? Or is it random, and we should just plan to be there early on our non-EE day, just in case?
Okay, this is a little strange.....:rolleyes1 how early do they start serving ice cream in the mornings? Like at main street cone shop or gibson girl? My DD read a list of things to do at DL and one of them suggested to eat something for breakfast that you normally wouldn't do. Is it even possible to have ice cream for breakfast?
Thanks for your help! We are down to 23 days until our trip:cool1:

*bump*

I'd like to know about Main St opening 30min early too.

Basketballmom -- one of my best memories EVER was eating an ice cream sundae for breakfast at Disneyland. (My mom did make sure I'd eaten a muffin or something healthy before we left the hotel.) This was more than 20 years ago but I'm sure they still serve ice cream as soon as the park opens.

As far as I know, when the park opens later than 8, the gates actually open a 1/2 hour earlier but you can't get past the end of Main Street. There is a rope drop at opening time.

Although I don't think it's an "official" thing for them to open early, I was there last Oct. for 3 days (10am opening) and they always opened mainstreet 1/2 hr. early. I was also there for a couple day trips throughout this past year when the opening was as 9am and again, MS was always opened early so I would definitely plan to get there early for rope drop and there are also usually characters there as well so while you are waiting for the rope drop you can get a few pictures and autographs done as well!

Thanks for the replies! We will be sure to get there early. My DD will be excited to hear about the ice cream.:rotfl:

Um, the ice cream parlor is opening at 11:30 now. They don't open with the park anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter