Question: T-Shirts & Iron on Transfers

diznee25

Disney all the time
Hi everyone!

My fiance' and I are making fun T-shirts for our trip in Dec. I have found a lot of useful info regarding t-shirts and transfers using the search function, just have one question that I can't find the answer to:

My fiance' has already ironed on a tranfer image on the back of a shirt, now he wants to add an image on the front side. (Just a small logo on the front left side.) How do we go about putting an image on the front of a shirt that already has an image on the back side? Any tips? I just want to make sure that the image on the back of the shirt doesn't get ruined by that extra heat from the iron!!

Thanks so much for any advice,
Michelle

If you place a really thick peice of cardboard between the shirt before ironing , this might work. My husband said wood might be better ! Have never done this so maybe someone else might have a even better suggestion.

wouldnt just using an ironing board work?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking....can't you just slip it onto the ironing board?

Actually, the instructions that came with my iron on transfers state that an iron board should NOT be used because the iron board soaks on the heat that is needed for the transfer. They say a hard surface, such as a table, should be used.

That's why I'm having a hard time figuring this out! Isn't there anyone out there who has ironed on transfers on both sides of a t-shirt?

Thanks for the replies everyone!
Diznee25

Well, then I think Nicki's got the answer with the piece of wood.

Well, then I think Nicki's got the answer with the piece of wood.

Sorry Nicki! I did forget to mention thanks for the great idea! I'm just so new with this craft, that I'm not sure I want to try something that hasn't been done before!

I will keep it in mind though. Thanks :)
Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter