Question(s) about buying an annual pass???

k5thbeatle

DIS Veteran
Been a while since we purchased an annual pass (non FL resident)but we are considering doing so again.

Previously when buying these they would mail a voucher to our home and then we'd use that to pick up the actual pass when we went to the park.

Now I am understanding they no longer mail an actual physical voucher but instead just email a "will call" number that one uses at the park to validate the pass and activate it.

Couple questions I was hoping someone could verfiy for me here:

I am therefore assuming they no longer send an actual physical voucher to your home?
Is there no longer a physical annual pass card then? It's all now on the Magic Bands?
When buying an annual pass exactly when does one get their Magic Bands?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Been a while since we purchased an annual pass (non FL resident)but we are considering doing so again.

Previously when buying these they would mail a voucher to our home and then we'd use that to pick up the actual pass when we went to the park.

Now I am understanding they no longer mail an actual physical voucher but instead just email a "will call" number that one uses at the park to validate the pass and activate it.

I am therefore assuming they no longer send an actual physical voucher to you home?
Is there no longer a physical annual pass card then? It's all now on the Magic Bands?

Thanks!
Answers are in this Ticket Sticky post:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-about-tickets-upgrades.3570721/#post-56958164

I am therefore assuming they no longer send an actual physical voucher to you home?

Thanks!
I can answer the last 2 questions, not sure about the voucher, we have renewed AP for the past 20 years and I can't remember the last time we got a voucher to exchange
2. There is an actual physical card that you need to use to get discounts on merchandise and dining. These can also serve as your park tickets if you don't want to use MB
3. You get the option to customize (color and name) your mb as soon as you buy AP, so you customize and then they send them to you within weeks

I am therefore assuming they no longer send an actual physical voucher to your home?

No. You get an email and you will need to either print these or access this on your phone to show them when you pick up your card

You still need the physical AP card to get your discounts. Sometimes CM's at Guest Relations tell you that you don't need the card anymore. You need this card if you want to access any discounts or use the Tables in Wonderland card

Once your AP is active (once you pick it up) you can customise your band in your account an they will send it to you within 2 weeks.

Hope that helps.

you don't need the email. Once you buy the AP, you assign them to each person in MDE. At park/guest services, you will need to show ID. They will then activate the AP (automagically on you MB).

you don't need the email. Once you buy the AP, you assign them to each person in MDE. At park/guest services, you will need to show ID. They will then activate the AP (automagically on you MB).

I needed the email to activate my AP's at Disney Springs even though they were already linked to each person in MDE (less than 2 weeks ago).

Once you activate, don't forget to go back to MDE and customize magic bands if you want them to send you a set.
Ours came with a note explaining the annual pass thing(slider?) you can add to your magic bands were out of stock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter