Question regarding McDonald's Glasses

Luv0fDisney

DIS Veteran
I have collected those (now vintage) Mcdonalds Disney World glasses. That look like this:

DSC_0010.jpg

Can i pop them into the dish washer? Not sure if the art work would wash off in the dishwasher.

Anyone have any experiences?

I had them put up in the china cabinet for the longest time, and then a few years ago I thought, "Why do I have these things that I don't enjoy?" So they became daily use glasses and we have no issues washing them in the dishwasher. :)

I've been putting that glass in the dishwasher since dd was a little girl. She's 23 now. ;)

Where did all mine go??? I forgot about them. I had them all. I can't imagine I would give those away. Will have to start pulling apart the basement and see if they are boxed up somewhere. I loved those!!!

MJ

the one lone survivor is at my dad's house and is my glass when I visit.

We had a set of those and ran them through the dishwasher many times. Over the years most of them were broken (dropped on the floor) but they were pretty sturdy. I don't think there was ever a problem with the artwork rubbing off. :earsboy:

We use our daily too and I put them in the dishwasher. I have the ones that are square on the bottom but for some reason don't like using them. :confused3

There my 17 year olds milk glass at supper. He can go though a lot of milk.

We have several of those that we use regularly and I search for them now when I'm out antiquing. They are very sturdy and continue to look great.

Didn't McDonalds have to pull glasses off the shelf so to speak because the paint had lead in it? I know some people hung onto them for collector value. I turned mine back in because I didn't want my future grandkids finding and using them.

Didn't McDonalds have to pull glasses off the shelf so to speak because the paint had lead in it? I know some people hung onto them for collector value. I turned mine back in because I didn't want my future grandkids finding and using them.

Those were the Shrek glasses. I still use mine, since nobody in my family licks the outside of the glasses ;)

Those were the Shrek glasses. I still use mine, since nobody in my family licks the outside of the glasses ;)

I never heard of this and we have and use a set of them all time too.

You pick up the glass with your hand, hand touches food, food goes in your mouth, or you lick your fingers.

I realize the odds are in your favor of nothing happening, but what if junior does get cancer later? Will you ever wonder?

That was the shrek glasses.

I just looked it up to see what this was about.

It only mentioned the new one for the latest movie. I do not have any of those. Just older ones. Because I'm sure if I heard of a recall they would have went back.

I just found another one of them, but different artwork from Epcot. :) It has Buzz Light year on it. :)

I also have those squarish glasses as well. lol. I wish McDonalds would have Disney again but Disney broke ties with Mcdonalds when i was in high school.
Boo hoo.

You pick up the glass with your hand, hand touches food, food goes in your mouth, or you lick your fingers.

I realize the odds are in your favor of nothing happening, but what if junior does get cancer later? Will you ever wonder?

It would take WAY more exposure than maybe, possibly, being contaminated by a glass they'd use occasionally. No, I wouldn't wonder.

I have one round one like the photo and a set of four of the square ones. Been putting them in the dishwasher for years and years. They've held up fine.

Wow that reminds me of those, I am sure my parents still have those somewhere. I loved those things when I was a kid. I particularly remember the Muppets glasses from McDonald's. Miss Piggy on a motorcycle :cool2:

I also remember having some Smurf glasses, but I do not know what promo they came from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter