Question on notification of kid leaving oceaneer lab?

Happywanderer

Mouseketeer
Hi all--got a little question. I've got my niece signed up for the Oceaneer lab with sign-out privileges. If she signs herself out will I be notified? Thanks.

I think you can have it noted that when she leaves they can page you. I saw a few kids asking the CM's to page their parents with messages as to where they were going.

Yes you can..the question is will they. On two occasions my son asked, assumed they did and then we never received the page. To make matters worse his KTTW card didn't work and he couldn't open the door to the cabin so we found him sitting in the hall way. I felt horrible!! Thankfully he is they type of kid who didn't freak out.

Wow MBFergie, that must have been terrible. Maybe I'll tell my neice that she can only check out to go back to the room--and I'll make sure she tries her KTTW before we go anywhere. We will probably discuss what activities she will be doing that day and arrange everything else around that.
Thanks for the info. :)

Here is how it was explained to me by a CM who works in the clubs.

One of the things I ALWAYs make sure I address to families registering their older children is sign out privledges, they can be changed at ANY time meaning if you want your child to get used to the ship, or prove their responsiblity for the first few days you can make them an N (not allowed to come and go) and then later in the week when you feel more comfortable with them getting around, and notifying you of who they are with, where they are going you can change it. Also if you child is a Y (allowed to sign in and out without adult) and they for some reason aren't handling it well, or have not been meeting your requirements for that then you can change it. I hope that makes sense. I think a lot of people assume it is a one decision thing, and they can't change their minds. Also on the paging when signing out. We can place it in their file notes that they are supposed to page when leaving, however it is their responsibility to ASK when they leave for us to page. We do not automatically page when a child leaves unless they ask us. Keep in mind that for 10-12 year olds when they sign in and out we do not pull up their notes everytime, so we would not see that note, which is why the must ask.

Just make sure when you register them and you receive your pager, have them not to page you letting them know you want to be notified when they are leaving the lab.... :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter