Question on luggage

mamabear

Earning My Ears
Hope someone could help me with this since I've been getting conflicting answers from DCL. Would DCL pick up my luggage from the airport and deliver it to the stateroom even if I didn't purchase the ground transportation from them? (I'll have the luggage tagged with the label that DCL sent us). We are trying to decide if we should take the Disney bus or a taxi to the port.

I do not think they will. I would rent a vehicle or hire a car service. You don't mention how many are in your party. DCL charges $39 pp each way or $69 pp round-trip for transportation.

I have 3 people in my family. I would like to get to the port as soon as possible to make Palo ressies. Therefore didn't want to wait around on the bus and arrive with everyone else. But at the same time, the thought of having the luggage all taken care of by DCL from the airport to the port does sound attempting.
A DCL customer service person told me that for sure DCL would pick up and deliver my luggage as long as I have the label on, regardless whether I have pruchased the ground transportation from them or not. Of course, a few weeks ago, someone else from DCL told me exactly the opposite.

I'd err on the side of caution - the last thing you want is your luggage to be sitting in the airport next to the baggage carousel while you are out to sea!!

Take them with you if you don't use DCL transfers!! :)

The port is almost an hour from the airport, so a taxi is not an good option. I don't believe they will take your luggage for you if you are not buying their bus transfer. If so someone would have mentioned it by now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter