Question for those who have come back

darren123

Mouseketeer
We get back at 6.30 in the morning of Friday 5/2/10 and I start work on Saturday night I was thinking should I take more time to recover before starting work again.
Thanks

We get back on Saturday 21/11 early in the morning and I am back at work on the Sunday night :scared1:
I am just thinking Sunday night pay is awesome and it will allow me to pay back my holiday credit card bill, even though we have heaps of spending money LOL
I think you will be fine going back to work straight away, especially if you are a shift worker, you seem to adapt a bit better and won't suffer jetlag as much (I don't think anyway)

One bonus about being a shift worker is that jetlag doesn't seem to effect you as much. The amount of times of have been up all day worked all night and then maybe come home had 2-3 hours sleep then up again for the rest of the day. Makes recovery from a flight to/from the US seem like nothing:thumbsup2

On our trip we get back on 27/1 in the evening and our kids are back at school next day:rotfl: I of course have the rest of the week off. Actually we are doing a quick stopover for 4 nights in Fiji on the way home so I am hoping they will be over the jetlag, although after 5 weeks away I am sure they will be tired, but better the teachers deal with them while I sleep:lmao:

We get back at 6.30 in the morning of Friday 5/2/10 and I start work on Saturday night I was thinking should I take more time to recover before starting work again.
Thanks

I always find I am more affected on my return than on the flight over to the USA. It maybe the adenalin of the trip but I am totally exhausted and need a few days to recover. I would suggest you take a few extra days.

Last two trips we had a week at home before we went back to work
At first we were going for 4 days but the airfares from Wed to Wed work better in our favour, I can not change my holidays as some one else is going when I get back,I suppose when we get back I will do my normal routine and have my afternoon nap before I go back to work.
Thank you all for advice makes me feel better I was starting to get worried that I might have bitten of more than I can chew

On our last trip we got back in on Sunday morning and I went back to work on Thursday. I didn't want to do it any earlier.

DD ended up with more days off school - we thought one day to recover, but she ended up going back on Wednesday.

DH took the whole week off (he's got 13 weeks of leave built up, but that's another story!)

I've had three trips to the USA, each time arriving between 6 AND 8 am. I agree that I also feel worse coming back than I do going over. Personally I think the adrenalin and excitement of arriving on my holiday carries me through the jetlag at the start of the trip but there's nothing to "boost" me at the end.

I always feel absolutely dreadful on that first day but after a good nights sleep I'm pretty much back to normal the next day - I arrived home from our latest trip yesterday morning and I was working again by this afternoon ( I run my own business from home)

I suspect Jetlag is one of those personal things that varies a lot from person to person. I've heard stories that people are more affected flying West than they are flying East but I've had long haul trips West, North and East and I've found that the jetlag is pretty much the same no matter which direction I flew.

My son went back to school today too and he's just fine - he copes better than I do :-) My DH and I both had naps yesterday afternoon but DS just kept going all day and wasn't very happy when we insisted he go to bed a bit early last night. I wish I had the energy of a 12 year old :-)

Andona

always seems to be much more tiring coming back than going over to the states......besides unpacking and putting away can take a week...lol...or more!

We got back on a Sunday morning and I was back at work and kids back at school the next day. None of us had any jet-lag whatsoever. In fact it got to about Wednesday and I was wondering if it was going to hit me all of a sudden or something - obviously jet-lag forgot about us.

We did take these homeopathic tablets called JetEase because they are supposed to help with jet-lag. I figured that seeing as it was homeopathic it couldn't really hurt so we all had some. None of us had any jet-lag either going or coming home. I don't know if I can credit the medication with that or not but I will definately be taking them again next time just in case it was them :thumbsup2

xxxx

WE have the ultimate solution to jet lag on the way home.
We are flying from Canada to Seattle and having 2 days there, then Seattle to Honolulu for 5 days then Honolulu to Fiji for 5 days. So at the end of our 5 week holiday we only have to overcome the time difference between Fiji and Sydney so shouldn't be to bad:thumbsup2

I'd love a week in Maui on the way home :cloud9: (not a fan of Honolulu)
That would really fix everything :)

Have already been to Maui but never been to Waikiki, my kids are the ones that really want to go to Waikiki, Maui is a little quite for them. I will get my relaxation in Fiji:thumbsup2

Just got move to another section at work and I am able to add another 2 days onto my holidays which is good to get abit more of a rest.
Thank you all for your input it has been a great help

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter