Question for the day:

Hi,

Simple- Nope. Ink and I were very happy in VMK and I would never had looked elsewhere. I was more then happy to stay in my little kingdom. Sigh.... miss it so so much.

Bug

I wasn't looking for an online community when I signed up for VMK. I didn't really even know what VMK was all about yet. I just signed up because it was Disney and thought I'd check it out. So it never would have occurred to me to look elsewhere.

I miss my magic.....

Absolutely not. I was happy with what VMK offered (minus the few times VMK didn't live up to their promises and stuff). I could go on at any time and have friends there, games to play or rooms to decorate when creativity struck. Yes there are other games that do similar things to that but VMK had the Disney magic though that I loved since I don't get to the parks often enough. I don't think there will ever be another game that I will play in the way I did VMK.

Let me word it differently...

So we have vmk. when pirates and toontown came along, how many of you went to try that out and played it in conjunction with vmk? (yes i realize they're disney games too)

I'm not saying the new games were to replace vmk, but if they had been discovered, more so, would you have played them is what i'm asking...

I did try POTCO in it's beta stages. But didn't play much. Partly because my computer just couldn't handle it well and partly because I just didn't like.

I did try it once more after the closing announcement was made. I still didn't like it that well.

Toontown I tried only after the closing announcement was made and I didn't like it either.

I also beta tested POTC and found it to be a little too 'dark' for my taste. Toon Town I tried once and found that to be too cartoonish for me. Both were tried while I was playing vmk, but I stayed with vmk. When people posted about GaiaOnline and Club Penguin, I looked at them, but knew before registering I wouldn't like them. I tried Gaia and hated it, I did not bother trying Club Penguin. VMK fit a theme that appealed to me. None of the others had that.

We were playing Toontown before VMK started. We played it along with VMK. We were beta testers for Pirates but then seemed to lose interest after beta. We lived for VMK. After the announcement that VMK would close, I stopped playing Toontown and haven't started again. I sign on just to check my cattlelogs and maybe water my trees or flowers. (Gotta keep that wedding cake tree alive, just in case).

Let me word it differently...

So we have vmk. when pirates and toontown came along, how many of you went to try that out and played it in conjunction with vmk? (yes i realize they're disney games too)

I'm not saying the new games were to replace vmk, but if they had been discovered, more so, would you have played them is what i'm asking...

I also tried Toontown and POTC for one day each and that one day for each convinced me that I didn't want to play them!:lmao: Toontown was just too weird and limited and POTC was a bit limited and it seemed like the scamming problem would be even more of a problem on it.
Kim

I was initially excited about POTC, and signed up for the beta testing. But even before they opened the beta, I started getting cold feet after reading their article about the game's magic system, which included a description of the real Voodoo religion and an interview with a Voodoo practitioner to boot. I emailed my opinions to them on the appropriateness of this "religious" content in a Disney game, gave away my beta key, and have never regretted it. From what I've heard my computer probably couldn't handle it anyway.

I would still be trying to get 7500 for my 2nd green car while getting my booty kicked by Alias, Geggy, Disco, Daze, Alphavegeta, ]im...(gosh this list is going on and on, kinda depressing, was I really that mediocre a player at a high of 7218???) :D

I miss VMK every single day, and my dislike of Disney and all things branded with ears is growing exponentially.

I wasn't looking for an online community when I signed up for VMK. I didn't really even know what VMK was all about yet. I just signed up because it was Disney and thought I'd check it out. So it never would have occurred to me to look elsewhere.

I miss my magic.....

I too signed up for VMK just because it was Disney. Since it's closing I have looked for something that could replace it, but nothing has even come close. Out of curiosity, I did check out POTC and Toontown while VMK was open, but I found nothing there that could entice me away from time spent on VMK.

I am looking forward to Disney opening up their Fairy site, and I hope that it is somewhat similar to VMK; community driven, family oriented and with a touch of :tink:Disney Magic.

No i'd still play VMK cause its more fun than the other sites cause it seems like on VFK that they are creating everything Vmk already made so basically they are just taking everything vmk had.... But..... I like the topic of this thread!!! and vmk was free i mean you could be an awesome rich person on vmk WITHOUT paying!

I would stillbe playing vmk no doubt

I would also be playing wizard101 as i knew about before the announcement idk about vfk or smallworlds maybe?:confused3

I might have tried SmallWorlds, but wouldn't have stayed if VMK was still around. Toontown and POTC have no interest for me, then or now. While VMK wasn't perfect, it was perfect for me

I really don't play anything else. My kids have always played other games but vmk was the family favorite. I still miss it and my VMK friends.

Ok, let's pretend VMK didn't close. (yay!)

Do you think we still would have found all the other games we've found in the past month? VFK, SmallWorlds, Sociotown, etc.? If so, would you have left or reduced your vmk time to play these new games? This question popped into my head this morning and I'm curious to what you all think.

For me, If we had found the games, I would have definitely played them, maybe not as much as VMK but would still play them.

When I joined VMK, I knew nothing about MMORPGS then I started to look at other games because I was bored of the management of VMK. So, while I was playing VMK, I've played several other games and there were months where I was not playing VMK but playing other MMORPGs but I always came back to VMK (for the people, and rooms building, items collecting). So, if I would have found other mmorpgs certainly not games such as VFK, Smallworlds, SocioTown (because they are not games I am looking for) but lets say Wizard101(but it is a bad example for me because I can't really solo play in Wizard101), Disney Castle Online and if I was in a period where VMK was botherig me then I would have reduced/stopped playing VMK just to play something different but how can I know if VMK would have bothered me in this period of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter