Question buying through direct

disneyanthony

Earning My Ears
Hey everybody I’m getting ready to buy my first DVC contract for 150 points direct at Riv. I had two quick questions that my sales person didn’t see so sure of. First, the current use year for Riv is April, is this something that Disney changes often and if they do will they give a heads up? The reason why is I’m thinking of waiting until Nov to see if the incentives get any better. Also I believe I read that if I sign my contract on Nov 1 and the incentive get better on Nov 5 I would be allowed to get the better price? Thanks for all the help

If you sign a contract and within the 10 day rescind period incentives are better, you can indeed ask them to redo the contract with the new ones,

I and many others have done this, In terms of UY, they will usually try to guide new buyers to specific ones. However, if you know for sure you want a different one based on your travel habits, tell them which one you want and hold steady.

They May say they need approval, but don’t buy a UY that doesn’t work well for you. I know right now they are telling others they can’t give aoct or Dec UY because they don’t have anymore 2020 points…many believe those were given to owners to Replace banked points lost during closure.

But, starting October 1st, Oct UY won’t be a problem either.

I was one of those that was interested in an Oct UY. One thing that comes to mind during my call with them last week was that the guide mentioned about an April UY was that they would prorate the dues, I didn’t quite understand that and frankly wasn’t paying attention to it because I didn’t want that UY, but see if they’re still offering something similar. Not sure on the specifics of it (again wasn’t paying attention since I didn’t want an April UY), and not sure if this is something they normally do and the guide billed it as a promotion/offer.

I was one of those that was interested in an Oct UY. One thing that comes to mind during my call with them last week was that the guide mentioned about an April UY was that they would prorate the dues, I didn’t quite understand that and frankly wasn’t paying attention to it because I didn’t want that UY, but see if they’re still offering something similar. Not sure on the specifics of it (again wasn’t paying attention since I didn’t want an April UY), and not sure if this is something they normally do and the guide billed it as a promotion/offer.

Dues are prorated no matter what use year. If you buy on 10/1, you will pay 25% of 2021 dues.

Hey everybody I’m getting ready to buy my first DVC contract for 150 points direct at Riv. I had two quick questions that my sales person didn’t see so sure of. First, the current use year for Riv is April, is this something that Disney changes often and if they do will they give a heads up? The reason why is I’m thinking of waiting until Nov to see if the incentives get any better. Also I believe I read that if I sign my contract on Nov 1 and the incentive get better on Nov 5 I would be allowed to get the better price? Thanks for all the help

We requested a FEB U/Y for RIV and it wasn’t a problem. You should aim for a UY that is the month before you expect to travel most. For us that was March.

We bought back in August and have only seen the incentives get worse not better for RIV. Aulani is a different story.
But… anything is possible come November.

Last week we bought RIV with a Dec UY. I just told our guide that's what we wanted and I never got any pushback at all.

We bought a Sept UY in July, but the guide originally was pushing February as their default UY to offer.

Don’t buy unless you get the UY (you want!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter