Question about weather.....

wundermommy76

Mouseketeer
Hello there!! My mother-in-law has come into a large sum of $$ and she is taking my family to Disney this year! We are going to stay at the Fort Wilderness cabins because there are 6 of us and I've heard good things from friends of ours who go there every year in Feb. This is my concern though.....Orlando weather. I know, I know....it's extemely unpredictable. But I'm hoping that some of you have experience with going to Disney in October. Our choices thru the travel agency we're using is a week beginning Oct. 2nd OR Oct. 30th. We need to choose one of those dates due to we need to leave from a certain airport closest to us and those are the dates available for the month we wanted to go. I have been crazy researching this trip and according to the farmers almanac a hurricane is predicted to hit FL (not sure where) in early October. I haven't paid for the actual weekly predictions in Oct. - just looked up the general for that month. We just want to go while it's still pretty warm - not summer warm - but shorts, tees kind of warm. So what would you say is the better option between those 2 dates for pleasant weather?? Thank you for ANY insight or advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My husband & I go mid-October, usually 10/16 - 10/24. Last time we went, the first couple of days were cool and we had to wear jackets. It warmed up quite a bit after that and was in the 80's. I guess you'll just have to take a chance with either of the dates you have.:)

I think you have sort-of answered your own question.

There is no hard and fast answer to your question.

Your MIL is not the first person to spend a great deal of money on a vacation, and won't be the last, hoping for a wonderful week of weather.

There is no easy way to predict what the week will hold; it is best to plan around what work works best for you. Watch the weather a couple of days before and plan accordingly.

Same as the PP, I have gone almost every year, since 2000, the week after Thanksgiving. One year, it topped out at 90 each day.

Most years, it has been in the 80's during the day and 60's at night.

Two years, it barely hit 60 during the day and almost 40 at night.

That is over a ten year period.

And did I ever let it ruin my vacation; not in the least. I came prepared and have enjoyed every minute of it.

Orlando weather is extremely predictable.

jan - mar = nice and dry, but a cold snap for 1-2 days every 2 weeks
apr-may = perfect
june-august = hot with 1 hour monsoon every afternoon at 2pm
sept - oct = perfect
nov - dec = nice and dry, but a cold snap for 1-2 days every 2 weeks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter